Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fashion Police to the form please
  • breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Right as winter is looming and I’m looking forward to some top winter riding – I need to know what the fashion police recommend – last winter I mainly wore my MT500 baggies over tights – is this ok or should I be looking at baggie longs – tbh I’m not keen on over trousers unless it really is pi55ing it down
    I await your sartorial advice

cynic-al
    Free Member

My advice…grow some!

ziggy
    Free Member

3/4 bibs with 3/4 baggies over the top all winter pretty much for me, although I have to say if it goes sub zero again this year I probably will get some tights. It’s keeping the hands and feet warm that bother me the most.

rOcKeTdOg

this form you talk about, is it multiple choice?

as for winter clothing, invest in a good pair of knee warmers, along with arm warmers they are the most versatile item of cycling clothing invented, even in sub zero temps, knee warmers together with lycra shorts under some baggies are all you need on the legs

or..

binners

shortcut

Lycra skinsuit is the way forward this winter!

Honest!

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Ok just so we all clear – when I say winter riding I do mean winter riding – last year out in -15 degree + wind chill so I’m not entirely convinced that I need to grow anything (unless of course they fell off)
    Not sure I can wear ¾ as I only have ¾ legs to begin with

djglover
    Free Member

Just wear bibs, if you put baggies over it shows that you are shy about the size of your penis.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just wear bibs, if you put baggies over it shows that you are shy about the size of your penis.

Sound advice

Simon

last winter I mainly wore my MT500 baggies over tights

The Mickey Mouse look will still be in this year, don’t worry. 🙂
    It’s what I’ll be wearing when it gets colder, although perhaps with cheaper baggies. 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

3/4 bibs with 3/4 baggies over the top all winter pretty much for me, although I have to say if it goes sub zero again this year I probably will get some tights. It’s keeping the hands and feet warm that bother me the most.

Have you ever thought that by wearing some proper winter tights you will stop the blood getting cold before it reaches your feet and keep them warmer for longer?

RealMan
    Free Member

I’d say you’re better off with bib tights or bib shorts and leg warmers with no baggies over the top. Baggies just soak up water, get covered in mud, end up weighing loads, with no real advantages. If you want the pockets, put it in your jersey pockets or camelbak.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

So the vibe I’m getting is stick with the tights (Endura wintex bib longs) and baggies over the top – I found that the shorts ‘deflect’ a lot of water and while my tight are not waterproof I did stay drier last winter

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fashion Police to the form please’ is closed to new replies.