Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Farnborough airshow parking
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Is it easy, or a total 'mare?

kevonakona
    Free Member

Just come round to 30 Southampton St, down the little lane to the left of the house, help yourself fella.

Mind you i've moved out now but give it a go what you got to lose?

molgrips
    Free Member

Next q – are the roads going to be solid? Thinking of staying in Bracknell that Friday night.

allthegear
    Free Member

Depends – if you're arriving by Harrier, you can pretty much park where you like.

molgrips
    Free Member

I unfortunately won't be bringing the Harrier. Baby seat won't fit in it very well.

stumpy01

I used to supervise one of the ticket booths at Farnborough while at uni and the amount of cars arriving did get a bit mental, although there was plenty of parking available. Some booths were alway much busier than others (not sure why – perhaps varying signposting?)

They used to do a free bus service from Farnborough station (I think) so that might be the easier bet if you are staying in Bracknell the night before? Only thing with that is that every bus used to be pretty full (although it was an almost constant stream) and you'd end up with long queues to buy a ticket as each bus unloaded.

molgrips
    Free Member

We're treating Old Man Grips to the airshow – it's either Bracknell hilton (for free, using my loyalty points) or the Village. Advantage of the Village being it's nicer and we can walk to the show. Assuming that the entrance is on that road…?

TheFopster
    Free Member

I'm looking over the airfield from a hotel room right now. Can't comment re. parking but seems to be practice day, so I can say red arrows were fab and whoever designed the eurofighter seems to be unaware of the laws of physics and gravity. Didn't so much fly as go on an extended near-miss crash avoidance sort of thing… Bonkers.

molgrips
    Free Member

In the Aviator, Fopster? 🙂 A fine establishment.

Is that a Eurofigher that's currently making lots of noise in the skies?

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have heard things from Eversley over the last couple of hours, really frustrating when I can't see them though.

Oh well, next Friday I will be sitting on the end of the runway with my camera

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

I'm sat in a radio studio next to the control tower; I think we're planning to get here by 07:00 tomorrow and Saturday, to avoid the crush.

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

My mixing desk works, my clean feeds are set up, my ISDN lines are tested, I've got the Internet – but I can't get the coffee machine to work – NIGHTMARE!

allthepies
    Free Member

Monday is 'mare traffic day as it's the opening day of the show. Joe public are only allowed in a week on Sat/Sun (when again the roads go mental). Next Tues – Fri roads are OK (but the show ain't open to the public then so doesn't make much difference to you).

I'd be surprised if any hotel in Farnborough has spare rooms all next week BTW.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am gonna have to stay in Reading next week I think. Booked into the Village on Friday night, seems pretty empty as it was cheap.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Farnborough airshow parking’ is closed to new replies.