Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 'Farmer John's DH' – Mellor, to open new cafe
  • Bunnyhop

Around Easter time. He’ll be serving up bacon butties made from his own produce (can’t get more local than that) home made cakes and the usual stuff that mtbers like.

They also have bunk barn on site.

D0NK

What’s it like bunnyhop? mate at work has been talking about it, sounds very downhill-y
    (ie none rollable, 100% commitment stuff, full facer compulsory)

banks
    Free Member

Full face only but nothing which will kill you.

nbt

I’ve not ridden it but hav been to watch the races – there’s plenty that a competent XC bike could handle, equally some bug stuff that I wouldn’t go near. As above though you must have a full face helmet

xiphon
    Free Member

It’s a great location – easy push up, dozens of lines to choose from, and 99% is rollable.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Never been able to figure out where the place is, got a streetmap link?

xiphon
    Free Member

Never been able to figure out where the place is, got a streetmap link?

57 Cote Green Road, Marple Bridge

Contact Info

carlosg
    Free Member

It wasn’t an easy push up 3 weekends ago the ground was properly slick after the wet weather, one of the lads I went with was riding a Saracen Ariel trail bike and rode everything. I saw the bacon in it’s unprocessed form when John was feeding them and it even looked tasty covered in mud. It’s a cracking little venue though and the owners are very friendly.

philfive
    Free Member

Place is great with loads of different lines.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/355137/

Bunnyhop

What’s it like bunnyhop? mate at work has been talking about it, sounds very downhill-y
    (ie none rollable, 100% commitment stuff, full facer compulsory)

DONK – you’ll be fine. There are 2 lines at the start, however as you descend into the woods, the choice is great and it’s up to you whether you go for the big North Shore type stuff or not.

I haven’t ridden it, too scared, as nbt says above we’ve been to many of the races and some of the riders aren’t that experienced, they just have balls!

100mphplus
    Free Member

Place is great with loads of different lines.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/355137/

Hey that’s me 😛

iain1775
    Free Member

I’m a big skill less wuss with no balls at all and I really enjoyed riding it last year, had a go at loads of runs but didnt try the gap jump
    Meta AM was perfectly fine

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘'Farmer John's DH' – Mellor, to open new cafe’ is closed to new replies.