Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Farm near Bradwell – anyone seen this one?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

still – I think ralph may be being ott here. The countryside is a workplace for some people and the farm is the farmers property. He does not have to keep it nice for tourists.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

tj – if it looks shit, the cars are their in what looks like an illegal scrap yard, their is a separate issue re the row. you are, as usual, just pedantic cock for the hell of it. We will have to agree to disagree as you are OBVIOUSLY right and above scrutiny and i am wrong.

goog
    Free Member

stilltortoise
    Free Member

TJ, I’m actually more on your side than you might think. As I’ve previously posted, if the junk isn’t on this farmer’s land it will just be in some other landfill.

Ralph, have a word with the ROWs officer and see if they can have a polite word with the farmer. Then just hope the farmer is not one of those types for whom this will get his back up and make things worse, not better. Personally if I could still ride through OK I’d just put up with it. Having grown up in the countryside I accept – rightly or wrongly – that rusting piles of junk are part of the farmyard.

PaulB
    Free Member

Just a simple question, where is the right of way through the farm as I can not see one on the 1:25k map?

BigJohn

thepodge – Member
    I say well done RR for wanting to help clear places up. there are far too many scruffs in this land.

For once I agree with Podge.

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Racing ralph – no just pointing out another viewpoint

Illegal scrapyard? really? Under what law?

You want a farmer to tidy up his farm so it is pretty for you?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

tj **** off and get a job in law or local gov as you seem to be the sort of cock that quotes from a list of rules and cannot deviate – call centre perhaps??

stilltortoise
    Free Member

wanting to help clear places up

Did Ralph actually offer to help clear it up? Maybe the farmer is working all hours to make ends meet and has no time or energy to clear up. Maybe the farmer hates seeing that mess out of his kitchen window. Maybe he/she would love the offer of someone like Ralph to help clear up. Maybe we should get a group of us together to help clear areas up like this out of the goodness of our own heart. Podge? Big John? You in?

As usual we jump to all sorts of conclusions and maybe the first port of call should have been the farmer and/or ROWs officer rather than good ol’ STW.

PaulB
    Free Member

I believe the PDNP have powers to do something but I don’t think they would serve any enforcement. RoW Officer couldn’t do anything because the RoW is not affected according to the definitve map, and from what I can see from the photo, unless there has been a temporary diversion that puts it through the yard that would increase the risk of injury. This farmer does not clean his road on which he travels to access his fields, this he could be enforced to do by the Police, particularly as it is being used as a local diversion due to the current road works. But ultimately I don’t think they would see it as a priority, in my opinion.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The OP said the rubbish was on the footpath in the woods, not through the farm yard. We all assumed it was the farmyard ‘cos Ralph had put a big arrow on the map pointing to it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Touched a raw nerve did I ralph? Try to see past this and just look at what your saying

How is having old cars on your land an illegal scrapyard?

All I am asking you to do is see it from the point of view of the countryside being a workplace and a livelihood for some people. Its not there for your recreation solely. Ranting on about illegal this and that when there is no law being brok3en is just silly.

Woody
    Free Member

RR – I agree with you. Working farm or not, there should not be crap all over the place.

Unfortunately you get lazy gits (there may be other mitigating circumstances of course) with no regard for others, or the environment, in the countryside just the same as you do in cities.

If it really bothers you, as it obviously does, then it’s worth contacting the relevant authorites as suggested ^^ who can then take any action they see fit.

thepodge
    Free Member

stilltortoise

yes, I’m in. I ride that area regular and as of next week I hope (no geographic pun intended) to be working about 2 mile from there so could easily pop along after my shift.
    I do sometimes wonder why I come on here. you get 1 person looking to improve things and 10 trying to shoot them down. frankly its pathetic.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Good on ya podge
    Ralph, let us know what the farmer has to say.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

tj – as they are not classic cars and are rotting into the ground and also theya re strewn around i think its a fair assumption that he is letting people dump cars on his land

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Too many people on here like to nit pick.

RR only really asked the question if there is anything that could be done about it?

I agree, too many farmers leave rubbish and junk around, normally self contained within their land but it doesn’t need to be this way. Why is it also old cars, the farmer in our village has half a dozen cars scattered about, never to be used again. If they were in a scrap yard at least you could use the old parts rather than it wasting away in a field.

In answer to your question though I guess the council is the best option and go down the ROW route as they are likely to do something about it.

Stainypants

i agree with ralph, i hate messy farms with junk lying around. when your in europe the farms always seem tidy and im embarassed at the state of many around here.

i can’t believe that OP caused such hyperbole, calm down

big_n_daft
    Free Member

How is having old cars on your land an illegal scrapyard?

tj – as they are not classic cars and are rotting into the ground and also theya re strewn around i think its a fair assumption that he is letting people dump cars on his land

waste mangement facilities are required to be licenced, ask the EA/SEPA if the dump has one

pollution of water courses and groundwater is also illegal

but I think you’ll find they CBA

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Farm near Bradwell – anyone seen this one?’ is closed to new replies.