Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Farley Mount Cycle Centre – is it happening?
  • DT78
    Free Member

So, I spotted a link to this from New Forces News page – dated June 09

http://www.newforce.org.uk/pdfs/FarleyMB_Proposal.pdf

The rough timetable on the backpage states a Jan 2010 start date with funding/planning appls Sept – Dec 2009.

Anyone know if this is or isn't happening?

This would be great for me, would be happy to volunteer to help too.

podman
    Free Member

There's a group on FB for updates, but it's kinda dried up: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=25080819720&ref=ts

Think it sounds great too and it's not far from me, so hoping it goes ahead.

thomthumb
    Free Member

there is a facebook group

this was posted sept time.

Well, no news. As you'd expect FC are strapped for cash and have mothballed all projects. I have a reliable source that tells me it's worth bangin on their door come the autumn, so I will.

I'll keep you all posted.

DT78
    Free Member

Ah not much of a FB user but I'll join this evening (banned at work)

It's all very well all these Wales & Scotland trail centres popping up in fantastic locations but we could do with is a bit of investment down south to make the most of what we;ve got.

Waymarked XC tracks, 4x tracks etc… don't need mountains to be good (it does help though)

The nearest place I can think of that;s got some FC support is the North shore at Watchmoor, Ringwood

Lummox

funnily enough i was making enquiries locally this morning, not in an official capacity.

Apparently the enthusiasm is still there but as the project has progressed it has changed from a small group of willing volunteers to a project involving lots of agencies etc, so therefore lots of red tape too.

I'm on for volunteering labour, be good to have a bit of input into the trails and feel i helped out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Farley Mount Cycle Centre – is it happening?’ is closed to new replies.