Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Farage in Brussels
  • coconut
    Free Member

So who watched it on the news last night. Poor guy looked like a manic Jack Russell on Heat. Sat on his own at the front of the European Parliament.

Farage… “Well your not laughing now”…. Applause from Marie Le Pen… (from the far right and for the far right)…. Ouch.

Great put down from Junker.. “You won… what are you doing still here”..

So painful to watch. Reminded me of watching an old drunk trying to get back in a pub after starting a bar fight.

Article in the papers today praising Farage for what he said from…. Piers Morgan. Case closed !

martinhutch

Bin dun fella. It’s all bin dun. We’ve all bin dun, frankly.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I didn’t know News24 had a +24 channel 😉

More helpfully: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/live-in-brussels-now-farage

jambalaya
    Free Member

We discussed this already, he was happier than a pig in s**t

He deliberately sat next to Junker and then turned his back on him as he spoke
    The chamber was packed
    He was surrounded by other MEPs
    He had a field day
    His “not laughing now” joke was on all the main French news broadcasts along with Le Penn’s congratulations

perchypanther
    Free Member

Farage in Brussels

Worst. Christmas Dinner. Ever.

The Farage was dry and overcooked and had been soaked in too much booze. The Brussels made me fart until Hogmanay.

coconut
    Free Member

Ah didn’t realise… hey ho.. 🙂

sadmadalan

Assuming that article 50 is invoked (and whoever does invokes it will be politically dead – perhaps Corbyn should do it) then the only silver lining is that Farage will be out of a job. In the UK he is almost un-electable in a General Election so this, hopefully, will be the end of him.

globalti
    Free Member

Stop worrying and go cycling; nobody will have the balls to press “Go” now that Cameron has sidestepped the issue. We won’t be leaving.

thecaptain
    Free Member

+1 globalti. There’s going to be a whole lot of hot air at Westminster before people have the guts to say it openly, they must already have realised though. Meanwhile, the economy tanks…though to be honest the bankers must have worked it out by now too.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Stop worrying and go cycling; nobody will have the balls to press “Go” now that Cameron has sidestepped the issue. We won’t be leaving.”

This.

coconut
    Free Member

Bit of a catch 22. Who would trigger article 50, but who is going to overall what 52% of the population vote for.

I’m surprised people think this can be overruled. Well that and my head just hurts watching the news now, could be time to go cycling 😉

outofbreath
    Free Member

Bit of a catch 22. Who would trigger article 50, but who is going to overall what 52% of the population vote for.

Indeed, so that person will choose the least damaging of the two options. So whatever happens will be no worse than ignoring some of the population, which aint *that* bad.

Nico
    Free Member

Farage nicked that joke from Bob Monkhouse (“They all laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. Well they’re not laughing now.”).

molgrips
    Free Member

but who is going to overall what 52% of the population vote for

Easy. Let the shitstorm build to the point where > 1% of the people change their minds, then step in to save everything.

kimbers

agent007
    Free Member

What an absolute bellend! Despite Brexit we’re supposed to work with the EU to get the best possible outcome, not take the piss out of them. Lets get shot of Farage before he embarrasses us all any further.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

who is going to overall what 52% of the population vote for

*Not being critical of the OP, but it does annoy me when I see this, it was not 52% of the population, it was 52% of the people that bothered to vote, population of the UK is something like 64 million and only 17 million or so decided our fete, that’s only something like a 1/4 of the population.

*May not be entirely accurate, and I know not all the population is able to vote, may also contain nuts!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Farage nicked that joke from Bob Monkhouse (“They all laughed when I said I was going to be a comedian. Well they’re not laughing now.”).

That’s excellent. RIP Bob

jambalaya
    Free Member

Surely Farage will have a job for the whole 2 years and no doubt he’ll find something else, I would think there is a very decent chance he’d win a seat as an MP. It took a full on assault to stop him last time.

zippykona

It needs Boris to stand up and say that he is prepared to put the needs of the country before his principals and call a second referendum. (We had a second vote in 75 don’t forget.)
    That way he’s back to being “good old Boris” the country is saved and we can all go about our business.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Farage in Brussels’ is closed to new replies.