Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Far far too early..but what is the most in demand gift for daughters this year?
  • rockhopper70

…..because I’m stuck for ideas.
    (Thinking about this now as we are going on holiday over the Christmas break and need to be v organised)

bassspine
    Free Member

external usb dvd drives to go with notebook computers apparently.

uplink
    Free Member

I guess her age will be a deciding factor

Hohum
    Free Member

How old is your daughter?

My eldest, she is 11, has not been making any noises about anything in particular.

My youngest, who is almost 3, will just be delighted with anything she receives I reckon 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

ah. Mine’s 18…

Trekster

grandaughter, 5, likes all the Disney dressing up stuff, Littel Princess etc. Buy from M&S as opposed to disney store, better & cheaper 😆
    Barbie is still a fav 🙄

Islabike if she likes bikes 😉

rockhopper70

10 and 8. No particular requests yet but they are both suddenly and completely in to Lego, spending their pocket money on it so trying to avoid that as a surprise gift..

rockhopper70

Now we are nearer the day, does anyone have any ideas?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

We gained a few quite hours the other afternoon giving them the argos catalogue and letting them compile a xmas list-however you do end up with a lot of tat on it!!

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

My cousins always seemed to want Flower Fairies, Sylvanian Families and the My Little Pony Stable.

Things have moved on since then and my neighbour’s eleven year old is demanding GHD hair straighteners apparently!

lord
    Free Member

my girl is 10 and wants a dsi xl , had a normal ds for years and its had a lot of use and never broken , so shes getting the newer version from amazon who seem to have all the colours as well . hope that helps

nicolaisam
    Free Member

My daughter is 10 and wants,

dsi game
    laptop
    wii game
    Toy horses
    Clothes
    Makeup.

rockhopper70

check…check…check….various pressies between them for the last few years.
    Ever get the feeling they have too much? 🙄

carbon337
    Free Member

My cousin (girl) who is 13 wants a helicopter, bugati veyron, holiday to st tropez with her equally annoying friends, jimmy choo shoes, a range rover sport, metric tonne of condoms and a wrap of coke.

As you can see were having issues with her

lord
    Free Member

nicolaisam at least she doesnt want a real horse !

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

QUOTE: lord – Member
    UNQUOTE.

That’s next. the toy horses are just a dry run!

DrJ

ah. Mine’s 18…

Money.

My (18 year old) wants a Blackberry. Apparently she imagines that spending 400 quid on a phone, and another 50 per month on call charges, is a reasonable request 🙁

yamyamblade
    Free Member

Same issue for me with eldest daughter (8), she has got a list together with just a couple of build a bear outfits and a Wii game, we have brought her a ticket to see flawless for both her and her best friend but we are struggling for her main present….

Total opposite with my boys as eldest(12) wants an Ipod touch and Xbox games and youngest (6) wants everything that he sees on the tv and every football kit in the shop looking at his lists..

I have put down a new razor on my list…it’s crap getting old!!

rOcKeTdOg

pregnancy testing kits

lagerfanny
    Free Member

My daughter has so far expressed an interest in, PetShop, Puppies in my pocket, Build-a-Bear Bunny & clothes, Barbie, Space Hopper, Mr Potato head (from Toy Story), Zhu Zhu pets and a Nintendo DS.
    Childrens TV adverts really getting a grip on her this year 🙄

monksie
    Free Member

My daughter (13) would like an Ipad. Her Mum said no but I ordered her one yesterday.
    That’s going to be an interesting scene on the morning of the 25th

Xar
    Free Member

Mine’s 10 and asked for a proper present a new bike. I couldnt say no to such a reasonable request. Then she ruined it by also asking for a stuffed teddy bear as it was cute.
    Her friend also 10 has asked for some type of kids car thing, i’m assuming its like those electric motorised bikes you can buy.

HTH

iDave
    Free Member

My daughter is 16 and is getting these cool little lenses for mobile phone cameras – I never ask what my kids want, I get them unusual stuff

TPTcruiser

Lego DS/DSi/Wii games are good.
    Getting my 16 yr old SuperMario Galaxy 2 for the Wii, Nanny Ogg’s Cookbook and the last Tiffany Aching novel.
    16 the week before so money spent on that.

loddrik
    Free Member

My 5 year old is getting an iPod touch amongst other things. It’s necessary so the wife and I can have our bloody iPhones back!!

grim168
    Free Member

14 year old wants an ipod touch and her 16 year old sister is leaning towards a camera to help with her art at college. I might get my canon dslr back then.

ziggy
    Free Member

An iTouch for a 5 year old? Mind you they don’t call me victorian dad for nothing.

My boy is getting a blinged out WTP Arcade 18″, I would have killed for a bike like that when I was little 😀

nicolaisam
    Free Member

lord – Member

She has a pony already 😥 😥

rockhopper70

ok..few others also going through this now. I am thinking we might just go down the route of getting a “hamper” of nice things. DS/Wii games, good books, orange and a lump of coal.

molgrips
    Free Member

Like your style, iDave…

white101

13yr old wants and ipod nano 4th gen??? and GHD straighteners (for the girl with straight hair???)

rockhopper70

all sorted last night…internet shopping is brill!!!

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Far far too early..but what is the most in demand gift for daughters this year?’ is closed to new replies.