Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • FAO TonyL or others in the know…
  • albino
    Free Member

Is there any new trail development going on near Rooley Moor Road?

I was riding around Rooley Moor yesterday and branched off to the left where RMR splits around Cowpe reservoir. In the valley area, (often frequented by the MXers) there was a mini-digger in operation on the higher trial areas. I also noticed that it looks like there's been further digging further towards the Waterfoot end of the valley and stone sets laid out too. I was wondering if this is anything to do with the Lee Quarry expansion? Would be great if it was! Thanks

Andituk
    Free Member

There are new trails being dug by EdO and Back On Track at Cragg Quarry, which will eventually link up to Lee Quarry, if thats where you mean.

albino
    Free Member

Not too sure. I thought that Crag Quarry was to the East of Lee Quarry but that's just a bit of map guesswork. This area's more to the West/South-west. Not sure if the area I was in has a name – more of a valley than a quarry.
    And definitley wasn't Ed in the digger – distinct lack of beard on the driver!

chorlton
    Free Member

It's Cragg Quarry just above Cowpe res where they they are building the new trails. West/South west of Lee quarry like where you said were.

TonyL
    Free Member

Cragg quarry is to the west and there is some trail building going on there. But it is not ready to ride so please keep off for a while.

Plan is to link Lee and Cragg with a route over the moors this autumn.

To the east of Lee is Facit Quarry and we are hoping to build there as well towards the autumn.

albino
    Free Member

No problem – we kept off it of course. THink it will be a bit more difficult keeping the Mxers off though as they seem to be a fixture there.
    Keeping the cows off might be tricky too!
    Can't believe this is all going to be right on my doorstep – Great job TOny and Lancs CC.
    Was just reading about a volunteer group on Greatrock to help which I'd be interested in.
    Cheers

olie
    Free Member

Tony,

don't know if you are aware buut the council have a proposal in place to turn Facit into a recycling plant(aggregates). Mentioned it to Bill Brady in the shop the other day. Probably a good idea to look into it and make sure 2 different arms of the council aren't eyeing up the same spot!

Olie

TonyL
    Free Member

Olie I'm aware of it and there isn't really a conflict. Facit recycling plan is a few years off happening if ever. even if it does go ahead there shouldn't be a conflict might even be a way of funding more trails!

TonyL
    Free Member

Keeping the mxers off we started tackeling that on Sunday.

olie
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply Tony,

A lot of the locals are worrying about it but I'm with you I don't think it'll ever go ahead. Partly due to access and partly due to the massive underground tunnels that would make building anything heavy a bit of a lottery.

Cheers

Olie

afrothunder88

Keeping the mxers off we started tackeling that on Sunday.

Good news! Proper nuisance and a bit dangerous.

Dave
    Free Member

Olie, hush about those tunnels ;o)

olie
    Free Member

What tunnels??????

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

ooooh tunnel mountainbiking sounds interesting :O) Lol

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wasnt there an old pit or something in the midlands that had a DH run it? Mind you this was about 10 years ago at least!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘FAO TonyL or others in the know…’ is closed to new replies.