Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FAO Lordswood locals…
  • stevede
    Free Member

I’ve recently started riding Lordswood on a regular basis, loving it for a post work play in the week, however the last few rides i’ve come away with unwanted souveneirs in the form of ticks – 3 from last nights ride, just thought i’d post to say have a check post ride to make sure the critters aren’t feasting on your blood as i couldn’t feel any of them (no sense no feeling on my part probably), not sure if they are common in there or the recent weather has brought them out, never had one before, now the proud owner of a tick removal tool and antiseptic wipes after reading limes disease horror stories online!

lucien

Thanks for the heads up – doesn’t usually occur at L/Wood as far as I know – so might have something to do with the recent weather?

chojin
    Free Member

eeuuwww!

I ride there a lot, thanks for the heads up… think i might wear full length everything from now on 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

i got a few ticks from lordswood last year, its fine in winter but when the plants start to grow like they are now the critters jump on board.

Was up their tonight and didnt come back with any but i did spray my legs with some tesco bug spray, will see if it works over the summer, too early to say.
    Watch out for the killer pine cones too..

evorob
    Free Member

Will keep checking but also might dig out some insect repellent… will have to check my dog as well…

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Just got back from there myself, can’t find any on me but thanks for the heads up, will be wearing longer socks next time thats for sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FAO Lordswood locals…’ is closed to new replies.