Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • FAO Fox, RockShox, Manitou
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

Hello!!!
    There are other colours to paint suspension forks other than black and white.
    Even combining those two would make grey.

Other colours that exist are
    -Red
    -Blue
    -Green
    -Yellow
    to name four.
    So stop being such greedy profit mongers when you charge £400, £500, £700 for forks only available in boring black or boring white.
    I refuse to buy any of your products until you cease and desist from such behaviour.

Yours truly,
    6079 Smith W

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can hear them shaking…..

Is the so you can pick up some pastel blue ones cheap at the end of the year? I used to have bombers in Desert Storm Baby Sh*t colour black or white would have been better. My old 36’s were brown and now are grey they look OK.

jumping down the plenny by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr (Circa 2006)
    Proof though now I will be flamed for the goggles & met parachute….

tomhoward

Independent powder coaters are available….

If you’re REALLY that bothered.

darkslider
    Free Member

Black and white are both safe bets, they go with any colour scheme so are guaranteed to sell, whereas bright colours run the risk of leaving distys/shops stuck with old stock at the end of the year as nobody has had the right scheme in the area. Just a guess.

wwaswas

I remember my Judy Race forks in that great metallic red colour very fondly.

warpcow
    Free Member

Magura used to paint your fork any colour you wanted for an upcharge.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mag21 in gold
    Mudy SLs in yellow etc

Anyway, Im quite happy for my bike to not stand out and say “look at me, ive got more money than sense, so have bought Fox 34s in Magenta, stop me and rob me”.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

SIDs used to be blue too. Marzocchi occasionally do limited edition colours and they were doing grey RC3Ti forks a couple of years ago.

If you look on eBay you can get the stickers done for your forks in most colours for £12 delivered. This will likely fix the problem for most.

flyingmonkeycorps

Remember these?

They totally went with anything.

themoodster
    Free Member

rattle can and a bit of masking tape 😉

My foxes are grey 8)

gazc
    Free Member

revelation XX are keronite whatever colour that is (cooler name for pale beige?)

888 rc3 are grey

and dont forget argyles gopping greeny yellow

or marzocchi corsa red

marzocchi 66 rc3 grey

so there you go. you’ve got a choice of 5 forks across the board surely one will be suitable for your purpose? 😀

GeForceJunky

I wish I could choose between black and white … I want some 1 1/8″ Totems, but they are white only … and my bike is stealth black 🙁

patriotpro
    Free Member

Some original spec forks are colour-coded.

Many are as you say, in either black or white with stickers that look like they were bought off the market.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yeah, ’cause that’s the most IMPORTANT thing about a set of forks, right? 🙄

cookeaa

TBF OP between them RS, Marz, Manitou and Fox have managed to sell forks in all the “KEEERAZY” colours you suggested above and many more in the past, the fact is most of their customers either don’t really care or get them re-painted/coated at their own cost…

Northwind

My Boxxers are a really disgusting red, in the process of removing it and replacing it with a proper colour.

You can do a lot with vinyl panels, these’ll end up white but with a lot of blue on them. Not entirely sure how well it’s going to work 🙂 Slik do tons of options for most of the main forks.

theraggyone
    Free Member

revelation XX are keronite whatever colour that is (cooler name for pale beige?)

keronite is a finish not a colour its a harder wearing finish than paint. rockshox just choose the funny biege colour we have stuff at work with a black keronite finish looks great and is less likely to scratch or mark

6079smithw
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member

Independent powder coaters are available….

If you’re REALLY that bothered. Why should I have to? For the prices of some forks you can buy whole frames/bikes that come in different colours.
    Imagine if all car manufacturers decided to just make cars in black or white. Why do mountain bikers put up with this?

bigyinn – Member
    Anyway, Im quite happy for my bike to not stand out and say “look at me, ive got more money than sense, so have bought Fox 34s in Magenta, stop me and rob me”.

If all Fox, RockShox and Manitou forks were magenta then you’re argument would be invalid.
    I’m happy you’re happy your forks came in a colour you like. I want that happiness too, but all I can choose is black or white seemingly.

Besides, your bike is not as sexy as this

Ah, when bikes used to be sexy

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why should I have to? For the prices of some forks you can buy whole frames/bikes that come in different colours.
    Imagine if all car manufacturers decided to just make cars in black or white. Why do mountain bikers put up with this?

Because most of the time they’re covered in cack and knocked around until the paint falls off anyway!

🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘FAO Fox, RockShox, Manitou’ is closed to new replies.