Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Fancy yourself as pretty hard?
  • grumm
    Free Member

How about fighting this guy?

David Haye was given a graphic illustration of the task ahead of him as he stood toe to toe yesterday with Nikolay Valuev, the 7ft giant, whom he challenges for the WBA heavyweight title.

The Londoner, who is a “mere” 6ft 3in, faces Valuev in Nuremberg on November 7 and travelled to the German city to meet the Russian face to face — or face to chest. The bout has already been dubbed David v Goliath.

“I was expecting something freaky and I got something freaky,” Haye said. “His head is literally twice the size of mine. It’s quite amusing looking at him, he’s like a cartoon character. He really is a huge specimen.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/boxing/article6844937.ece

😯

njee20
    Free Member

Crikey, that's some serious reach! Work the stomach I guess…

ski
    Free Member

Ton would have him 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Its incredible that Haye thinks he can make a dent in Valuev – Haye's hardly fought any heavyweights let alone anyone near as big as him!
    Good luck David, you're gonna need it!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

"I must break you"
    "He's not a machine"
    "No pain, no pain"
    "I fight for me, for me"

Its Ivan Drago!

ton

thing is david haye is a very good technical boxer….
    valuev is not a good boxer at all.
    what some of the clips on youtude, the bloke is stuck to the floor.

warton
    Free Member

how is he gonna hit him in the head? he won't be able to reach?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

When you're that big, do you really need to move?
    😯

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I would have taken Mike Tyson in his heyday to beat him. He would have used Valuev's balls as a speed bag. Haye is talking a good fight but he is gonna have to be very clever and nasty to beat this guy. Short of breaking his legs i just cant see him hurting the man

miketually
    Free Member

Is the Russian going to just put his hand on the 'little' guy's head and hold him back? 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

actually, after watching a bit on youtube, that russian fella is a shit boxer. He just relies on his size.

takisawa2

neverfastenough would kick his ass.

ton

i will back haye to beat him….. 8)

TimP
    Free Member

I want to see Haye beat him. Having spent time on a punch bag punching above head height (only a few inches) it is really hard work and that is without full weight gloves on!

Valuev has yet to show much boxing talent but he is MASSIVE and hard to put down

Undecided on this one at the moment, but quite intrigued

DezB
    Free Member

thing is david haye is a very good technical boxer….

Where do you get that idea? Left hand by his waist? No guard? Good technically? I disagree there.

Valuev is a reincarnation of Primo Carnera who was put in the ring for size and was a clumsy great lump, but I don't think Haye is quite a Joe Louis.

mooman
    Free Member

Haye will have to rely on speed to get in and out. valuev is quite underestimated .. with valuev`s 23stne of muscle … and hayes suspect stamina and chin – things will be very awkward.

Kit
    Free Member

Remind anyone of Punch Out on the NES?

http://www.abiztechnews.com/?p=411

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

If he dies he dies
    lol the Rocky films were ace

JaceFace
    Free Member

It's Jeff Wode! 😀

"Imagine the size of his balls. Imagine getting into a fight with the f***er!"

TimP
    Free Member

23st of muscle?? Not the last time I saw him box. He is hardly trim, and all that hair on his back and arms must weigh a bit

footstomper
    Free Member

Haye's needs to train like Rocky and punch the f–k out of a big dead animal maybe a T/Rex or Woolly Mammoth that will give hinm an idea of what he will be trying to hit 😛

grumm
    Free Member

Just needs an eye patch and he'd be Sagat of Streetfighter II

Sagat

Valuev

It's a bit cruel but I can't help but find it amusing that Haye referred to him as a 'huge specimen'.

Shandy
    Free Member

Haye will hit him so many times he'll think he's surrounded. He is a very polished boxer. Valuev is a freakshow, the only way he will win is a lucky punch. The single most decisive factor in high level boxing is hand speed.

I reckon Floyd Mayweather could assemble a set of step ladders, climb on to them, knock Valuev out, and be out of the ring counting his money before the Russian knew what had happened.

DezB
    Free Member

Haye will hit him so many times he'll think he's surrounded

That, of course, will be the plan. Haye always thinks he can knock everyone out though… I hope he can do it, I just think he shoould've taken on a few more heavyweights first.

Just looked it up – pretty scarey really. Valuev has fought 51 heavyweights (of varying quality), Haye has fought… 1. For less than 5 rounds.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Yeah do you think David Hayes punches have no power? Mike Tyson was one of the smallest and lightest modern era heavy weights. He was infact one of the hardest punching boxers there has ever been! David Haye is also a very heavy puncher. Valuev could not even knock out John Ruiz who he out weighed by 60 pounds! He never looked like knocking him out. Ruiz is a similar weight to Haye but not half as powerful or fast! Weight does not mean power! If you stuck Davd Haye on a punch test I bet he would have more LBs in his punch than Valuev. Most blokes I have known who are into boxing who have power, are the shorter stockier ones as opposed to big, tall lumps of weight!

I can see this going down to points and Haye winning due to his speed and better accuracy. Haye is good to watch too as he takes punches so he can throw a few bombs.

DezB
    Free Member

I didn't say that. Haye is a good puncher (ask Enzo!), he just needs to learn defence. And he hasn't had the heavyweight experience (which was my point!
    I have to add – Haye is no Mike Tyson in the punch power stakes. He only has a right hand. Tyson had every punch in the book (and more).

Shandy
    Free Member

Haye doesn't need to dance around like Mayweather, Valuev is so slow that his defence should be fine. Also Valuev is so slow that if Haye can slip his jab he will probably have to go on the defensive, he can't really counterpunch. Haye should just outbox him and see if he tires.

DezB
    Free Member

Yep, like all boxing, you just don't know until they step into the ring.
    One thing's for sure though, Haye is better looking!

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

I bet he gets far more punnani than Valuev!

David Hayes right hand is a seriously powerful one though! Even if he has no jab!

0091paddy
    Free Member

Looks like a right nutjob!

theboatman
    Free Member

I think even I could hammer Stevie Wonder!

Hairychested
    Free Member

^^^^^LOL!^^^^^

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Fancy yourself as pretty hard?’ is closed to new replies.