Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Fancy designing a cycling related Tee?
  • romster
    Free Member

Owdo mi lovelys….

I’m thinking about kicking off a competition through the site and our Blog for people to get involved and design their own cycling related t-shirt.

We’ll run the competitions for a month, and choose a winner from the submissions on the last day of every month, and then start over again on the 1st of every month.

We’ll supply a template to design onto, along with a brief of what we require, (already got a stupendous list of T&C’s drafted up).

Once we’ve chosen a winner, the winning designer will have their design printed onto a Tee and they’ll receive one FOC, they will also then receive £1 commision for every T sold online…..what d’ya think?

F*ck ye? or F*ck off?

Answers below please….. 8)

Romster

greasystain
    Free Member

Ye

bassspine
    Free Member

sounds like fun

hypan
    Free Member

nice one i’m up for it.

romster
    Free Member

sounds like fun

That’s the idea…… 😛

Also gives a few people the opportunity to potentially earn a bit of bike kit spendo over the Christmas jollies!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

they’ll receive one FOC, they will also then receive £1 commision for every T sold online

I’d say yea, but I’m a ‘venal little bastard’ apparently, so I’d be looking at a bigger cut. Pends what they’re being sold at/what the unit cost is, I spose. But in principle, I think it’s a good idea. Might even work on something…

monksie
    Free Member

“I’d be looking at a bigger cut”

So don’t take part then. You’ve just read the conditions. Comply or don’t bother.

An excellent business idea Romster. Genius in fact.

rOcKeTdOg

i’d take a bigger cut

i really hope that was written tongue in cheek

cool idea Romster

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So don’t take part then. You’ve just read the conditions. Comply or don’t bother.

Untwist yer knickers.

I’ve designed and had t-shirts done myself. So I’ve an idea of the costs involved. I was just putting forward my honest opinion, seeing as Romster asked “F*ck ye? or F*ck off?” 🙄

I too think it’s an excellent idea. I was just making the point about suitable reward for the ‘designer’, in terms of what profits Romster’s company might be looking at, that’s all. Is that so bad?

tthew

so I’d be looking at a bigger cut.

😀 I’ll choose to get it Elfin, instead of being all p’d off.

Hell yeah, I’ll play. Actually think that £1.00 each sound pretty generous.

romster
    Free Member

Tah chaps, I best look at gettin some ad space on STW to get it publicised then, if you guys can spread the word that’d be good too, more the merrier. I’m contemplating starting out by making this a STW member exclusive. . . . .what do you think to that idea? I’ll try and get everything set up for the first comp to start for November, if we miss November then we’ll kick it off for December but i’ll try and get everything done in time so we have our first winner before christmas.

user-removed
    Free Member

What about having a theme for each comp – that would stop folk submitting the same design every time?

plumber
    Free Member

perfect idea – nice one

romster
    Free Member

Got to admire you’re rattle Elf, but a pound it is! The other thing is I need to think of some quirky tag line for the comp. “A quid per Tee for thee! Fancy it?” Being a Yorkshire lad born and bred that might not be a bad one! 🙂

romster
    Free Member

Ye the topics is a cool idea, and like you said it will stop the duplicte entries scenario. I like that one, thanks. 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

No problem. Quid please 🙂

Phototim
    Free Member

“Design a T, get a quid”

Boom, no nonsense

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got to admire you’re rattle Elf, but a pound it is!

No worries. How much will the Ts be sold for?

Actually Romster, I might have a business proposition for you. I’ll email you the morrow.

Diane
    Free Member

Yup 🙂

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Sounds like a good challenge 💡

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Go on, go on, I’ll have a crack at it!!

romster
    Free Member

Terms and Conditions are ready & live on the site link….:-)

Just need to stick some artwork up on the site and put a “how to” page together and then i’ll hit the live button tonight so we can get going.

It’s going to be as simple as emailing me through the designs for now, depending on the response over the coming months, i’ll look at getting a “browse —> upload” button added to the competition page.

How much will the Ts be sold for?

£14.99!

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’m up for it

romster
    Free Member

I’m up for it

Nice one 😛

jedi

what do they cost? i’m after tee’s and hoodies 🙂

romster
    Free Member

have a look on the site jed!

jedi

ygm

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

T+C’s seem fair. Just to clarify; Romster has the right to print the design onto T-shirts, and any other printed articles/materials?

I ask this not to be deliberately awkward, but whilst £1 per T-shirt sold at £14.99 seems ok, £1 per Hoodie at £30 wouldn’t.

5.1 By submitting the Design, the Designer grants romsterbikewear.com the perpetual, worldwide and unlimited right to publish the Design on the website of romsterbikewear.com or in any other way (e.g. in advertising material). At the same time, the Designer grants romsterbikewear.com the perpetual, worldwide and unlimited right to use the Design exclusively and without any limitations for the purpose of printing on textiles of every kind, in particular for the purpose of printing on T-shirts. This right of use shall also include the right to sublicence the forgoing rights to third parties with or without the obligation to pay royalties.

And the bit highlighted in bold; does that mean third parties could use the design, with the designer getting nowt?

I’m not really bothered if anyone on here thinks I’m being an obtuse twit; I’ve seen too many people ripped off with things like this. IE; Romster sells only 20 T-shirts, but ‘sublicences’ the design to a ‘third party’ (could merely be another company owned by the owners of Romster), and that company could sell unlimited numbers of an article/garment with that design on, without the designer ever seeing a penny?

Just looking out for designers’ rights, is all.

allthepies
    Free Member

Fred – don’t bother then, simple.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No I’m not going to. Just want people to know exactly what they’re getting into, that’s all. Is it so bad to want to look out for people, and be concerned that they don’t get screwed over? Not saying Romster will, but I’ve seen it happen many a time.

romster
    Free Member

£1 per Hoodie at £30 wouldn’t.

Why not? For a start our hoodies are £26.99, and taking into account you don’t know the costs involved in produce i find your comment slightly unfair and a bit rude to be honest.

It will be £1 per T, and then if the design is popular enough and in demand to be printed onto a hoodie then the transfer will be made and the £1 commision will roll over to the hoodie as well.

I’ve seen too many people ripped off with things like this

I appreciate your concerns about sticking up for “Designers” but this is definitley not something that we are actively looking to do as your comment suggests? If the opportunity arose (more chance of winning the Euromillions) then obviously it is something we would have to address, hence the T&C’s…….

Hope this clears things up Elf.

P.S – Elf are you the Luke that has sent me an email requesting sponsorship? 🙄

Oggles
    Free Member

sounds good 🙂

romster
    Free Member

Fred – don’t bother then, simple.

😆

Right, i’m off to put the little terror to bed and i’ll be back soon!

Romster

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

EDIT: In the interests of good relations, I’ll email you, Romster.

romster
    Free Member

EDIT: In the interests of good relations, I’ll email you, Romster.

😆 No probs….i haven’t got the time for a big STW debate, plus i’m about 15 minutes away from opening a nice bottle of red so i’ll be offline.

(I did catch your inital reply if thats what you are about to send me in an email though?).

All the best anyways Elf.

Romster

romster
    Free Member

ygm Elf….. 😛

Speak soon chaps.

Romster

jedi

basically, do you want to design a **** tee shirt or what!

romster
    Free Member

basically, do you want to design a **** tee shirt or what!

YEEEEEEEE HA! YOU GOT IT JED!!!!!!! 😀

I see Elf’s points ( i think ) but hey, moooooooooooooooooving on!

Vino’s open, the missus is waiting ( I’M OFF )!

sharki
    Free Member

Slightly off this topic..who was it that wanted to do the ‘where’s sharki’ tees, when i **** off for a few months?

I need a tee so a Ye from me.

romster
    Free Member

Slightly off this topic..who was it that wanted to do the ‘where’s sharki’ tees, when i **** off for a few months?

Sure someone can find it on the forum somewhere Shark, can’t remember whose idea it was but we we’re up for it too fella! 😛

Anyway I really reaLLY REALLY gotta get gone.

Catch up soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Fancy designing a cycling related Tee?’ is closed to new replies.