Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Fancy a controversial thread – gave booze to my 7yo
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Slow news day.

My 4 year old doesn’t like beer.

But I did catch him nicking some of his mum’s Pimms yesterday.

brassneck

In my experience, all the households with a liberal attitude to alcohol (usually artsy middle class households, with similar attitudes to smoking & weed) when I was growing up produced the greatest piss artistes of our age.

I dare say most grew out of it. There’s no right answer unless you go strictly by the letter of the law.

Drac

There’s no right answer unless you go strictly by the letter of the law.

Which Molgrips has.

jimdubleyou

In a couple of years, he’ll be ready for Tequila Mockingbird.

The bar in Putney?

PiknMix
    Free Member

I was allowed Cider or wine with meals from about 8 or 9, both my sister and I were told why we had a smaller glass than the adults and we both grew up with a healthy attitude towards alcohol.

MoreCashThanDash

Complete non-issue.

I was allowed to try alcohol with Sunday lunch and on special occasions from a very young age. Some I liked, some I didn’t like, some I only liked watered down with lemonade.

None of our family were big drinkers, none of us are now. Yes, I pushed the boundaries in my mid-late teens a few times, don’t we all, and I still have more than I should on very rare occasions, but “drink” was never forbidden and it’s never been a problems having tried it so young*. And I do have a pretty addictive personality, tbf.

My kids can try alcohol whenever they like at home. They have never wanted to. Their choice.

*Though I sometimes get a strange craving for a sweet sherry at Christmas… 😳

ransos
    Free Member

The bar in Putney?

Ha! There could be some other literary drinks. Cider with rosé? Advocaat on a hot gin roof?

Is that coat my jacket?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Used to have a sip of Newcastle Ale from my Dad’s can during footy.

Never did anything to me… :mrgreen:

fasthaggis

Age should be no barrier,I think that most people living in the Molgrips household would need a drink. 😛

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Amazing people getting so het up about such small beer.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not too sure why it needs to be announced on the internet

I was attempting to start an argument, secure in my own beliefs.. however it seems that everyone agrees with me, so that’s a bit of a let-down! 🙂

I think shandy will be on the menu when we visit our in-laws this summer, because they are beer drinkers and we aren’t – but I’ve never seen any of their kids have anything.. we might be disapproved of.

I did it, btw, because we were having a nice night in and my wife had a drink. We offer her everything new that we have, to taste, and she tries most and likes some. Except fizzy drinks. We’re more than happy to let them continue disliking fizzy drinks irrationally… so perhaps the shandy won’t go down well 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

My 6 year old has the odd sip of beer/ wine on occasion, and the taste doesn’t put her off at all, but foodwise she will pretty much eat anything. I did stop her advancing on a rather robust g&t the other night.
    My 16 yo won’t drink more that 1 bottle of fruit cider in a night, and refuses all other alcohol.
    My 19 yo got so leathered last week she couldn’t remember how she got home and lost her phone.
    To me this only proves one thing; that if me and mrsb had a better relationship with alcohol, I wouldn’t have a 6 year old trying to nick my booze when I should be staring down the barrel of a child free home life!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d like to think Im pretty liberal when it comes to alcohol. My son is 9 and he’s tried wine, various beers, etc and he’s not fussed.

If when he’s grown up and able to drink legally he starts getting hammered and fighting like some of the Saturday night cretins I will have failed as a parent. (Im expecting vomit at some point in his teenage drinking years obviously).

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Next step – buy her an England footie shirt 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

buy her an England footie shirt

….and when she gets pissed up and wrecks her own bedroom don’t believe her when she tries to blame 150 Russian schoolchildren.

molgrips
    Free Member

Her bedroom already looks like it’s been trashed by hooligans.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

A bit of fine wine is ok! I’d recommend this:

Edukator
    Free Member

Whenever there was a bottle of wine or beer on the table junior could serve himself, but rarely did. Then he and his mates entered the drinking to a coma phase. I poured all the spirits down the sink, stopped buying beer and stopped putting an bottle of wine on the table. I’ve drunk six glasses of wine this year, none of them at home. Maybe I’ll enjoy a glass again when he leaves but at present my mind paints a scull and cross bones on every bottle.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Fancy a controversial thread – gave booze to my 7yo’ is closed to new replies.