Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Fanbois – iPad UK prices announced
  • DrJ

DrJ – at least you are aware of the truth but choose to ignore it..

Umm … no. I base my buying decisions on need, and objective factors. That led me to buy (eg) an iPhone. So now I don't have to work myself up into a frenzy pretending that some Chinese crapola is really much better, honestly.

molgrips
    Free Member

The thing I don't understand is that suddenly, everyone thinks that Apple invented the Tablet PC, when they've been available for years for anyone that actually needed one.

Yep, likewise smartphones with apps on them. Fair enough they've done something new and done it nicely, but what pisses me off is the advertising claiming they've invented it, it's a totally new concept and their stuff is the ONLY thing that can do it.

DrJ

what pisses me off is the advertising claiming they've invented it, it's a totally new concept and their stuff is the ONLY thing that can do it.

Got an example of that?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Their iPhone ads say "an app for this and that, only on iPhone" which heavily IMPLIES that you can only get apps on iphones to me… without actually saying that of course, because they can't say that. It's perfectly normal advertising behaviour, but it still annoys me.

GrahamS

To me it implies that you can only get the particular apps that they are showcasing on the iphone, not that Apple invented the installable computer program.

clubber
    Free Member

Well Apple did get in trouble with their advertising for the original iPhone claiming that it wasn't just a version of the internet but really the full internet which it wasn't due to flash limitations and so on.

But really, it's advertising. Of course they're talking b******ks 🙂

What Apple's done well is make apps on the iphone easy to use (though part of that is due to their restrictive practices as per Mac software which sometimes does limit choice) – even complete technophobe friends of mine with iPhones can use them easily. Others are starting to catch up (Ovi, etc) but there's still a lot of good phones that require a bit of tecnhnical savvy to get them to work consistently easily when it comes to apps and so on.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Fanbois – iPad UK prices announced’ is closed to new replies.