Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • family things to do on the new forest please
  • peterich
    Free Member

Hi guys and girls
    I’m taking the family camping in the new forest tomorrow for 3 nights just wondered if anyone has any experience of some good things to do in the are. I’ve got 2 girls aged 8 and 4 we are obviously taking the bikes as well
    Thanks in advance for any ideas
    Pete

qwerty
    Free Member

Contact https://www.avontyrrell.org.uk/page/home.html and i’m sure they’ll have something for you to do. Then come back over bank holiday for http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/.

qwerty
    Free Member

Crabbing at Mudeford, ferry to Hengistbury Head, noddy train to the museum and return same way you came.

jekkyl

Peppa pig world!
    Take a walk through a deserted part of the forest and look out for all the wild beasts you see.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oddly enough, was just chatting to a mate of mine about something that way earlier today. He was just back from a play at this place;
    http://www.newforestwaterpark.co.uk/index.php/new-forest-sports-aquapark/wibit-sports-aqua-park-2015

His opinion was that it was rather excellent! Looks fun to me, too!

bentandbroken

Bike ride on the old railway line between Burley and Brokenhurst stopping for cake at the old station tea rooms

Picnic, bikes, kites on Wilverley plain near the same tea rooms

Geocaching near the landlocked and hidden submarine pen and WW2 bombing ranges by Hampton Ridge (park on Roger Penny Way and walk/ride to the ridge

Walk/ride round Boldre Drive and Rhinefield Drive and look at Giant Redwoods and see the deer at the end (luck required, but not much!)

Elling Tidal Mill (I’ve not been, but it’s in a nice area and it gets good reviews)

Moors Valley country park. Little bit more organised, but good kids play area and trails and a gentle single track suitable for the family or a quick blast on the bike

HTH’s

bikebouy
    Free Member

I was going to offer up a walk along to coast between the edge of the Beaulieu River and Lymington but thats a little too far but you can shorten it a lot.
    You can park just down the road from East End and walk along the mud flats (park then walk to beach, turn right towards the estuary) to a secret spot with a couple of rope swings and watch the ferries and boats and wonderful bird/wildlife for hours. Take a picnic, go at low tide.

Gotama
    Free Member

Depending on whereabouts then Moors Valley Country Park is good. Little steam ride on railway, adventure trail, go ape, flat bike trails for the kids…..all in all pretty good if the weather is ok.

franksinatra

We were there for 5 days in July (Hollands wood, near Brockenhurst)

I took a couple of ropes and slings and most of the time was spent swinging from trees, climbing trees, building dens, rope swings over water etc etc.

Cycling through the forest to find nice pubs is brillant fun.

qwerty
    Free Member

Just booked onto the Wibit Sports Aqua Park for Thurs 27th before BBB 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘family things to do on the new forest please’ is closed to new replies.