Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Family size inflatable tents
  • wrecker
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of these?
    Stuff like the Vango airbeam etc?
    Any good? Should I buy one?
    I like that you can put them up by yourself, allowing the mrs to keep an eye on the kids etc, no messing around with poles and all that but living with them might be a bit different. I’ve read the horror stories about the outdoor revolution ones.
    I am hovering over the buy button on a Vango evoque 600, or maybe a capri 600xl.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Sure there was a thread on here a while back and some of the vango ones were well received.

eruptron
    Free Member

I have the Capri 400 and it’s been to Scarborough for 3 days this last week. No problems at all, easy to put up and it seems to have worked fine. Only used it for this trip and another overnight job where I was on my own the only slightly awkward bit is to slot the pole in the porch at the front but when you get the knack it’s easy even solo.
    Only downside for my tent is no fly mesh layer on the main door at the front and I won’t be going abroad so I won’t suffer any expansion problems in the beams with excess heat. Think the 400 would be a tad small in the living room department for more than 3 to be honest.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yep, Vango, Outwell, Kampa. They’re all pretty similar.

retrogirl
    Free Member

I have a khyam aero tech tent which we use as an awning on our campervan and also as a stand alone tent. It’s easy to put up and we’ve had no problems with ours

Riksbar

We’ve had an earlier Vango and they do go up very quickly (20 mins the first time, in fading light from in the bag to up, sleep pods and carpet in). They perform well in high winds but be prepared to have a huge bag as they don’t pack down small.

andysredmini
    Free Member

We have a vango air beam exodus 800. Best camping thing we have ever bought. Our old tent used to take the wife and I 2 hours to put up and her being as useful as a chocolate teapot many arguments ensued. The airbeam I can do without rushing in about 20 mins. It’s as solid as poles too even in really high wind.

bruk

Just recntly bought a Decathlon Air Seconds. Bloody brilliant to put up. Pretty good value too I thought.

singlespeedstu

We have a first generation Vango Airbeam.
    Not used it for a while though as we’re now using something a lot smaller.
    Great tent. The only downside I can thing of is in high winds you need to pitch it side on into the wind as head on it keep “blowing down” It does spring straight back up though.

wrecker
    Free Member

The only downside I can thing of is in high winds you need to pitch it side on into the wind as head on it keep “blowing down” It does spring straight back up though.

Even pegged out?

slowoldman

You have seen what happened to Adam Yates haven’t you?

ctk
    Free Member

Recently bought a Decathlon Air Seconds not been camping in it yet but had a practice in the garden and it goes up so easily, seems well thought out and put together.

singlespeedstu

Yep even pegged out.
    Only happened once and it was very windy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Family size inflatable tents’ is closed to new replies.