Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Family Party Game Recomendations Please – Last minute panic!
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

The wife said 48 hours ago, lets invite a few folk over (after I'd been asking for months "do you want a party for your birthday")

A quick email round and text round….. and suddenly I've 20 kids + 20 adults coming tonight! + those who may not have replied. I'm sure we'll all chat/eat/drink and it will be fine. Kids have wii/dvd/garden to play with. Gonna put old photos on the laptop.

We're all 40ish now, with kids 6-11ish.

Anyone got a good quiz/party game as a bit of back up?

Thanks for looking.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Fruit bowl and car keys?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Borrow a Wii from someone?

Charades is always a laugh.

Download an online pub quiz (but names in a hat for teams…some families in will be better than others!)

Oops…just seen you have a Wii.

Harry_the_Spider

1. Everybody writes the names of 5 famous people on bits of paper, folds them up and puts them in a receptacle.

2. Split into 2 teams.

3. Take it in turns for a team member to pull out a hat and describe it to their team.

4. 30 seconds per turn.

5. No passes.

6. If you are stuck on one when the 30 seconds is up it goes back in the pot.

7. The game is named after the receptacle. We know it as “Fez”.

The best thing is that if you put in some awkward names there is a 50/50 chance that your team will cop for them.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

NICE ONE

alwyn
    Free Member

If you can find pit it will cause chaos!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Variation on Harry the Spider's game:

You do the same set of names 3 times.

1st time, you can say/do anything you like.
    2nd time, you're allowed one word only (and no actions)
    3rd time, actions only

It's doable as you already know the names by the time you get to the 3rd round.

For kids:

Get them all sitting down, with one person left standing.
    Get everyone to name their favourite fruit.
    If the person standing can say your fruit 3 times before you say it once, they get your chair (and you have to stand until you get someone else's in the same way).

The fruit stays with the CHAIR by the way, not the person! (This is important).

theotherjonv

What Stevo McD said about Harrythespider's game. Even better if you put in some really random ones, like Sue Jaffrey (the bird with the great legs in accounts at my work) or Brian Blessed ("ALIVE!!")

In our house the game's called 'Dean Martin' because the first time we played it someone put in the names of 5 Vegas lounge crooners none of which were Dean Martin, and as consequence every time someone guessed Dean Martin again we giggled more and more. There was some booze / weed involved and I suspect you had to be there, but whenever we play it now it's a rule that Dean Martin must never be one of the names, and must always be guessed whenever you can't think who it is. like I say – had to be there.

sweepy
    Free Member

strobe swingball, needs to be dark tho

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Family Party Game Recomendations Please – Last minute panic!’ is closed to new replies.