Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • family holidays in the Alps suggestions please!
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

The Mrs has just suggested a family holiday to the Alps next year, the boys (7&8) are fine on easy cycle tails and next year would obviously be that much more confident riding, any suggestions on where to stay and what we can do as a family apart from riding?
    Morzine is ace but I only know the riding, are there trails which would cater for all the family?
    Any suggestions including chalets etc would be ace!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Me too…

carlphillips
    Free Member

Loads to do in Morzine by the look of it, although things like via ferrate my boys I don’t think would be big enough, also I’m unsure if any really easy trails though…?

nickjb
    Free Member

Morzine is very family friendly. We took kids slightly older on the via ferata and they loved it. Had to be roped to an adult, its pretty full on, though. There’s a go ape style thing in the valley that is young kid friendly. Ice skating, skate park, morzine pool and the awesome avoriaz pool. As for riding there’s loads of fire road and some good greens.

moniex
    Free Member

Hi carlphillips,

I’d suggest morzine with a family, this will be our 3rd year in morzine and 5th in PdS (first 2 years in Champery).

My boys are now 11 and 13, and my youngest has been riding morzine since age 9. He is not a natural rider at all (oldest is), but he loves it in morzine! Last year he even overtook someone that had not stopped at the time :0), bless!

Easy family trail on pleney in morzine and easy route from morzine to les gets, and les gets bike park is also very child friendly.

There is also plenty of riding you can do if the mrs and kids want to do something else. Lots of other things to keep the family busy, incl walks and the pool. If you stay in the right appartment you can get a multi pass to get access to the lifts (without bike) and the pool and money off lots of other activities in PdS. Pass is £8 per person for the week.

I’d say make sure you stay in the centre and on the side of pleney lift (not on the other side of the footbridge if that makes sense). The first year in morzine location was not ideal, but last year it was great. We are staying in the same appartment this year (mountain high – appartment chalende 24 – 650 euro for the week for up to 6 people incl garage).

We are going this summer, family of 4 and my mum and sister (with her 2 year old) are joining us. They do not ride mtb, but also really love morzine.

Also, day trips to perhaps mount blanc are possible if you bring the car.

I’d say drive over and bring some nice bikes for this kids, bike hire for kids is limited. I have always taken all our own bikes including the kids. They have used kona stinky 24 and norco b line 24 in the past, bought used, upgraded a lot and sold for more than we bought them for (Or splash out and look at propain kids bikes, nearly nice enough to make me have another child…..nearly!).

Email in profile if you need more info.

Simone

johnhe

My wife and daughter don’t ride bikes and both say that Morzine is their favourite place in the world. It’s fantastic for families.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Really great answers thanks, pretty much what I’d hoped, Simone, I’ll take you up on some more advice if that’s possible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘family holidays in the Alps suggestions please!’ is closed to new replies.