Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Family holiday help – Oct Half Term
  • qu1nt
    Free Member

I’ve been tasked with finding a warm, one week family holiday (kids 12 & 8 ) looking at the typical hotel with swimming pool type thing, maybe all inclusive but needs to be in the October half term & hoping for something which might be had for a sensible amount of money (£2000-2500 is that realistic ?)

I’d really appreciate any experiences/advice as I normally avoid these type of holidays but weather has been so crap on our last couple (Wales & Cornwall in the summer) that demands have been made …

Thanks in advance

dantsw13

Try Cyprus – been there twice, and kids loved it.

jota180
    Free Member

Seaside Hotel Los Jameos Playa in Lanzarote is a great family AI place

Not sure it’d come in much under £4K though

qu1nt
    Free Member

Thanks dantsw13 & jota180

Any recomendations in Cyprus ?

And will take a look at Los Jameos but prob out of price range ..

lasty
    Free Member

Crete ??
    southern Turkey ??

Both have a fantastic amount of historical things to do/see as well as the beach and pool options – bargains to be had im sure …

qu1nt
    Free Member

Thanks lasty, I’ll start looking 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Have been to Benidorm, Tossa de Mar, Tenerife and Lanzarote on mega-cheap half term breaks the last few years

Really not that bad – a few hours and you’re there. Fabulous weather, plenty to do (or not do) and loads of people to judge 🙂

qu1nt
    Free Member

haha you can’t beat a bit of people watching, thanks rocketman

joeyj
    Free Member

Been to the Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm Egypt twice now and its great but go all inclusive. 10 min transfer from airport and linked with other hilton in the town with a free bus between the two. Loads to do and see or just lounge around and do nothing

dantsw13

We’ve been to the Elysium hotel in Paphos. Also try the villas or hotel at Aphrodite hills.

qu1nt
    Free Member

Thanks both, more research !

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Family holiday help – Oct Half Term’ is closed to new replies.