Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Family holiday at Disney World
  • deserter
    Free Member

I’m taking the family for 5 days at Disney and 2 at universal next week, any advice or tips as it seems a mammoth task I’ve under taken

Thanks in advance

Smudger666

What age kids?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Tips .. yeah don’t go … 😉

deserter
    Free Member

10 year old boy

withersea
    Free Member

whilst you are still suffering from jet lag and waking up at stupid o clock, get to the parks as early as you can. start at the furtherst point back and work your way forward. however, don’t do this at the harry potter universal park, leave the potter ride until the end of the day as it will be heaving until then. don’t go to planet hollywood it’s shiiiite and expensive. driving is easier then you might think and if you are hiring a car don’t get conned into all the extra insurances and upgrades, you don’t need them. if you’ve got time get a copy of a book callled something like a ‘brit in florida’ you should find it easily on amazon. Have fun, but be warned you will be knackered as this is no easy going on holiday!

Mantastic
    Free Member

If you have an iPhone, get the Disney app, keeps you updated with wait times for rides etc

bruneep

Have a look on http://www.thedibb.co.uk/

Smudger666

Also – dont be afraid to have a day off – my kids were happy to have a day at the pool – typhoon lagoon worked as a break from th theme parks.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

+1 for bruneeps comment

use the fastpass system, send runners to the “most wanted” rides as soon as you get to the park.

Don’t underestimate the size of these parks they are massive, it takes ages to walk between stuff.

we’ve been 3 times in past 6 years and the wife runs the trip like clock work using the dibb and fast pass to great effect.

Harry Potter is a must it is awesome, butter beer is not my favourite drink at all 😯

deserter
    Free Member

The plan so far is to get a 5 day pass at Disney but spend one of them days in the waterpark with him as tbh that’s what he is looking forward to the most, we won’t have jetlag as we live in Canada

deserter
    Free Member

Disney app sounds good but I won’t have data as we get nailed for roaming charges

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

Think there’s wifi at all Disney parks now. Going back again in September, love the place think this is the 9th time in 7 years.

deserter
    Free Member

Cool, ill download the app then

midlifecrashes

I prefer Typhoon Lagoon to Blizzard Beach, either are miles better than Aquatica or Wet’n’Wild.

njee20
    Free Member

Blizzard Beach all the way!

deserter
    Free Member

Quick update
    Yep totally knackered and ready for home, I hope I don’t see another long que for a while
    But the boy loved it
    Oh and typhoon lagoon all the way although it cost me my sunglasses when the biggest wave I’ve ever seen hit me

Thanks for all the help

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Family holiday at Disney World’ is closed to new replies.