Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Family friendly campsite in the Cotswolds please…
  • MoreCashThanDash

MrsSwadey is busy filling my diary again – apparently we would like to spend a few days camping in the Cotswolds over the summer, so any recommendations for a decent site with nice clean shower blocks and preferably a play area would be appreciated.

And any recommendations for things to do with a 6 year old and a 3 year old in the area….

Thanks

sheldona
    Free Member

The Cotswolds run From about Stratford on Avon through to about Bath, thats about 70 miles!
    Have you any thoughts on which bit you fancy?

Theres a campsite near Morton in Marsh I've no idea what its like though.
    Also try the Cotswold Farm Park (AKA Adams farm off of BBCs Country File)

EDIT: Also if you bring your bike if I'm free I'll be happy to show you some trails too!

MoreCashThanDash

We don't know the area, so a bit of local knowledge would be useful to work out where to stay – I guess with our kids farm parks, zoos and steam trains will always be useful nearby.

And thanks for the offer of a guide, but for family trips my bikes stay at home. Though Jnr is beginning to see the light…..

MoreCashThanDash

Just looked at Adams farm – that may be the one to aim for!

sheldona
    Free Member

The Farm Park should be ideal then, something for the kids to do. Near by (Within 20 miles) you have Bourton on the Water with stuff to do, also got Chipping Camden a local Cotswoldy village with a few shops etc…. Lots of good pubs near by.
    Theres a Steam Railway about 20 mins away with steam rides to Cheltenham I think, never been on it though!
    Cheltenham is 30-40 mins away in the car. Plenty to do!

IHN

You can camp in my back garden, the shower is (reasonably) clean, plenty storage for bikes in the garage, kiddies play park around the corner and free tea and coffee on tap. For an extra charge I'll cook you breakfast.

🙂

MoreCashThanDash

IHN – sorry for delay – if we can't get the Farm Park website to start taking bookings we'll be back to you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Family friendly campsite in the Cotswolds please…’ is closed to new replies.