Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Family Friendly campsite – Edale / Hope
  • Pieface

Planning a small family getaway with toddlers / children in the next week or 2 and would like some nice quiet family friendly site recommendations. I seem to recall Coopers camping in Edale is good but can it get noisy? Otherwise whats the one like near the Moorland centre?

Apparently there’s a site that tolerates parties, is that the really rough looking campsite near Barber Booth? I believe that the one on the Pennine Way in Barber Booth is supposed to be good though.

Anywhere to recommend in Hope valley to trump Edale?

russianbob
    Free Member

Field head campsite is good. I think that’s what you might mean by the one near the Moorland centre.

Garry_Lager

I’ve stayed (with the kids) at the one just east of Hope on the main rd – laneside farm. You wouldn’t go wrong with it but I wouldn’t strongly recommend it either – location good, clean and well kept site. Don’t think it was especially family-orientated wrt noise etc – We stayed at Fisherground in the lakes recently which was clearly anti-pishhead, with plenty of rules and regs, and there’s nothing like that there.

It’s also good (IMHO) if there’s something to do for the kids on the campsite, other than throwing stones in a river and playing with sticks. This place had nowt, really. Not looking for a continental-style games palace or anything, but a wee adventure playground or similar is nice to keep them occupied for an hour or two.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not near hope/edale but we use one at over haddon – 5 quid a night for a tent.
    haddon grove farm, no frills but lovely!
    http://www.coolcamping.co.uk/books/3-cool-camping-kids
    http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2731

Pieface

Hi Rob,

Is that the campsite on the bend of that road? I’ve stayed at the campsite that’s closer to Haddon which was Ok, but the showers were expensive (50ppm) and the facilities weren’t very good (pay for hot water to do the dishes).

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Field Head is great, but you park your car in the car park and carry your kit to the pitch rather than park next to your tent. Took ours as toddlers and it’s ideal.

Cooper’s can be good, depends on where you pitch, old man Cooper enforces noise discipline which is entertaining in its own right.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

its teh corner one yes – hot water is unlimited

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Family Friendly campsite – Edale / Hope’ is closed to new replies.