Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Family cars with good visibility for passengers
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

Our Roomster is a superb car to be a passenger in as the rear seats are quite high and surrounded by low windows so passengers can see everything. Are there any larger cars that are similar?

retrorick

I really like my roomster. Never sat in the back seat tho!

DrP

The all round visibility in our yeti is amazing.. Not a larger car though.

DrP

CountZero

Most SUV style vehicles have the seating set fairly high, but the trend is to have a fairly high waistline towards the rear of the car, which makes for smaller windows. (I would suggest you totally avoid Citroen DS3’s, there’s almost no decent view from the rear windows, as I found when I was a passenger in one!)
    I’ve got a 2014 Qashqai sat outside at the moment, which has good vision to the sides from the driver’s seat, I’ll go out and sit in the back once I’ve had my tea and see what the rear passenger view is like.
    I drive lots and lots of cars, but very seldom travel in the back, so it’s difficult to comment on what they’re like for passengers.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

When I’m driving with just the wee boy in the back I take off the front passenger headrest and lean the seat back and the wee guy feels like he’s up front with dad! Wish they made a roomster with a boot 2ft longer.

I’ve sat in the back with the boy whilst wife drives and it’s bloody great. If I get some bodywork heavy tiny windowed modern sporty estate or suv the passengers experience is akin to a sardine in a windowless tin

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Doblo. Berlingo was good too. Not particularly surprising.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Surely more glass = more dead in a crash ?

CountZero

Surely more glass = more dead in a crash ?

Maybe if you’re in a large coach, in a modern car? Nah.
    Anyway, I’ve just gone out and sat in the back of the Qashqai, and I’m very impressed with the room and the view.
    I’m 6′, I was sat in the nearside rear seat, the front seat was tilted back a bit, but my knees were several inches from the seat back, and when I turned my head 90 degrees, the rear edge of the window was just behind my shoulder, and at the edge of my peripheral vision, with a large field of view.
    Nice place to sit, as a passenger, lots of space around and the seats are comfy. The fact that you’re seated a couple of inches higher makes a difference, too.
    Loads around, very popular with Motability so plenty on the market with low mileage and a couple of years old.
    Certainly worth checking out

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Picassos have always had big windows

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

And Discoverys have “banked” seating, with the backs higher than the fronts. For shooting parties, innit?

TheDTs
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^WANT!^^

XC90 has excellent rear seat visibility. 🙂

RustySpanner

Love the high view in the Doblo.
    Great visibility and it’s basically square, so easy to park .
    Sliding doors and higher seats are great for getting all sizes and ages in, out and comfortable too.

Bit frangible inside, but oddly fun to drive.
    Ultimate ego deflector.
    It’s 2017 and ugly is in…again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Family cars with good visibility for passengers’ is closed to new replies.