Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Family Car
  • alcolepone
    Free Member

Ok, i’m after a new 5 door family hatchback…

anyone got anything bad to say about a i30?

they seem cheapish, and good to run?

anyone got any horror stories?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I had an i30 as a hire car the other week. I was impressed. Drove as well as any other similar hatch (Focus / Astra / Golf) and far better than the French fodder. Not sure what engine it had, it was a diesel but not sure of capacity, but it was quiet, refined, pulled well. Interior was nice with nice feeling non-scratchy plastics. The car had a general sense and feeling of quality and robustness that you’d find in an Astra/Golf/Focus. It also drove nicely.

A mates wife had one for about 4 years (previous model) with absolutely no problems whatsoever.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

It’ll be a 1.6. 115ish bhp. Honest John rates them. Basically the same car as Kia C’eed. Made in different factories. Longer warranty on the Kia but for my money the Hyundai looks a better overall package.

MartynS

GF has one..
    It’s the 1.4 petrol on a 59 plate.
    Really impressed. Build quality is great. Nice plastics (way better than Kia) very comfy seats and loads of room in the back. Seats fold down and its a big load space
    Well specced (hers is..) steering wheel control, aircon, MP3 socket. Etc

Down sides..
    Steering wheel is really skinny. Dosnt match the feel of the rest of the car. A cover sorted that out
    The petrol is geared for round town.. 5th gear sees about 3800 rpm at 70 but it’s not loud.

alcolepone
    Free Member

Cheers

alcolepone
    Free Member

went for a 2012 honda civic in the end : /

seems nice so far….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Family Car’ is closed to new replies.