Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • family campsites in north wales
  • hambl90
    Free Member

thinking about a family camping holiday in N/Wales this summer, can anyone recommend a good site ? mountain views and resonably close to a beach would be a bonus.

donsimon
    Free Member

Any chance of narrowing it down a bit?
    Lleyn Peninsula for beaches and countryside but not too mountainous.
    Harlech/Barmouth for beach and more mountainous.
    Llandudno for beach large town and mountains.
    Rhyl and Prestatyn for slot machines and bingo.

Susie
    Free Member

http://www.dinas-farm.co.uk/caravanandcamping.cfm

We went here last year after I saw it recommended in a thread on here. Nice site, although the toilet/shower block wasn’t that great. In the hills and a short drive to the beaches (Shell Island/Harlech/Dyffryn/Barmouth). There are plenty of campsites in that area closer to the beach, but haven’t stayed on any since I was a kid.

hambl90
    Free Member

not too bothered really , i’ll consider all areas,just want a nice site.

Susie
    Free Member

Sorry, should’ve added that we haven’t got kids, so can’t comment on it from that point of view, but it did seem to be mostly families that were there. There’s no entertainment or amusements on the site, if that is what you are after.

hambl90
    Free Member

thanks susie, not bothered about entertainment etc but a pub close by would be nice.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Barmouth, Hendre mynach, 100m from the beach and with a view of cadair idris, not the cheapest but keeps winning campsite of the year in wales

wors

another vote for Barmouth. We stopped at trawsdir which is a couple of miles outside of Barmouth, pub 5 minutes away.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I can remember Black Rock sands having a nice campsite. Plus the huge beach and mountain back drop.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’d keep away from Portmeirion, village is nice but the beach can be problematic.

hambl90
    Free Member

a couple of good one’s there , any more ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘family campsites in north wales’ is closed to new replies.