Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Family break in bath. What to do cheaply?
  • ampthill

Off for 2 nights in Bath (teenage kids no bikes). We will go the Roman Baths Museum and enjoy the town. Any where we should be heading. Any attractions that are great. Ideally not to expensive

theotherjonv

Family break in bath

As a headline that had so much promise, only to be disappointed by finding out it’s just poorly capitalised.

Seriously, a couple of good free museums in Bristol, a short train hop away. SS Great Britain too, but you have to pay to get in there.

molgrips
    Free Member

I seriously wondered wtf this thread was about for a minute. Capital letters are important!

Pigface
    Free Member

The Bath walk or I think it is called the Mystery walk used to be brilliant. Great fun with a brilliant ending 😆

ampthill

What have I done

I’ll ask th family about going into Bristol. SS great Britain looks possible

titusrider
    Free Member

http://visitbath.co.uk/things-to-do/bath-skyline-walk-p56221

and also Dyrham park if you have an NT membership – its nr the motorway

in fact, here you go:
    http://visitbath.co.uk/things-to-do/bath-on-a-budget

ransos
    Free Member

I’ll ask th family about going into Bristol. SS great Britain looks possible

The M-shed museum is in the same area and is free. Take the train – it’s less than 15 minutes.

ampthill

Thanks that all looks helpful

Historic dockyard in Bristol is now on the schedule

TooTall
    Free Member

Mud Dock happens to be a bike shop and a cafe / restaurant on the docks. If you went on the 1st Saturday of a month and were there about midday, you’d happen to have stumbled into the Bristol Bike Jumble. What an amazing coincidence that would be!

CountZero

The docks in Bristol can be walked all the way round, starting at the Watershed and Millenium Square, all the way to the lock out onto the Avon looking towards Clifton and the suspension bridge, then around the other side past several working boat-yards, the SS Great Britain and the Matthew, along to M Shed, and round to Mud Dock, the Thekla and Arnolphini. Several decent pubs along the way, with eateries. On a fine day it’s a great way to spend an afternoon.
    I’ve posted some photos up on previous threads, which should still be around.

ampthill

Cheers!

scotroutes

You could try tap dancing.

But don’t fall in.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

cold taps cheaper than the hot one

wallop

Skyline Walk! Might be a good time of year if the leaves are turning.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bath-skyline/

Also – a walk along the canal to Bathampton would be nice for a pub lunch.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Family break in bath. What to do cheaply?’ is closed to new replies.