Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Families eh……… outlaw content
  • Cougar

No, you’re right (unless it has some other meaning specifically on here). It’s of similar vintage to Arfur Daley’s “er indoors” I think.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Theres an easily solution to this. “I only have one bike, as the other WONT be complete in time due to needing XYZ, which I’ve ordered, but wont be delivered until January.”
    TBH I wouldn’t be keen on lending either of my bikes to anyone either, although there are a select few riding mates who I’d trust to look after it. But im 6’5″ so my bikes dont fit most people luckily.
    I think you need to talk to your wife about this organising your whole xmas. What about visiting YOUR family?

BoardinBob

Take him out on a ride in advance and tear the legs off him and generally chuck him down some really difficult stuff. He’ll either hate it and decline the xmas ride or love it and genuinely look forward to it

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yinn,

They’re of a similar feeling as I am, and we’ll eb seeing my sister & her kids on Christmas eve, undoubtably during the few days between too.

samuri
    Free Member

If I’d been presented with this scenario I would now be in one of the two following places.

1. New budget bike on the way which after the expected mayhem would become my knocking about bike (I’d spec it based on this premise). This would be a cool singlespeed cruiser or a gnarly jump bike.

or

2. My brother in law would be so averse to the proposal after someone accidentally showed him some pictures of ice festooned adventurers slogged their way across the frozen wastelands of Canada, that I wouldn’t even have to object and would be free to carry on as I pleased.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d give him the choice of bikes, just telling him to be careful.

It’s nice to ride with beginners and see them get a buzz from it, pass on a few tips etc.

It is only a bike.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No, you’re right (unless it has some other meaning specifically on here). It’s of similar vintage to Arfur Daley’s “er indoors” I
    think

I think it dates from Rider Haggard’s She from about 1887

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Don’t go, spend Christmas with your extended family. You’ve got the rest of the year for riding

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Families eh……… outlaw content’ is closed to new replies.