Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Fallen out of love with Samsung
  • Ordered a Galaxy Tab S and Bluetooth keyboard from Amazon and both arrived yesterday.

Keyboard is German and the keys didn’t work properly. Tab screen fried after 10 minutes – this after syncing with my Google account and auto downloading all the apps I’ve got on my phone.

Bloody annoying to say the least and now worried that I’ll be sending off a tablet with all my personal info and stored passwords

iamsporticus
    Free Member
    coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep, I gave my Samsung tablet to Mrs coolhandluke right after I told her I was binning it., she gave it to charity or the dump a few months later. The daughters tab went in the bin.

johnnystorm

So, Amazon sending you a German keyboard is somehow Samsung’s fault? You have to concede that when you make a zillion products ‘some’ will fail?

Had to giggle a bit that you sync all your data with google but worried about sending off your dead tablet. 😉

stumpyjon

Well we have 2 Samsung TVs, sound bar, 4 tablets, 4 phones and only had problems with one of the phones (screen went black). So on balence we’re still Samsung fanboys. At least software updates don’t seem to brick the devices.

cranberry
    Free Member

How did the keyboard not function correctly ?

Did you order from Amazon.de or actually order a German keyboard?

The keyboard being German wasn’t a huge issue – just the page up/down keys written in German. If you’d read my post properly in your haste to have a pop, you might have noticed I said the keys didn’t work….

It’s more the fact that someone will no doubt end up with the tablet refurbed and they don’t always get wiped.

Cheers sportacus – will check that out!

All from Amazon UK and even shipped from the uk. Keys just did random things when pressed

sharkbait
    Free Member

Daughter had a Samsung phone….. was crap (admittedly it was pretty cheap). Had two Samsung TV’s and both went bang – never again.

They copy good ideas and cheapen them with the expected results.

I’m a Samsung fan – the Note 2 I’m typing this on is great – and I’ll probably still get the Note 4. I have a Samsung tv and will get another – just disappointing that 2 products failed out of the box

hora
    Free Member

Got a S3 mini. Hate it. Bought a samsung tab7 (?) Hardly used iy. Might as well sell it.

ampthill

I wouldn’t say I’m a samsung fan but I’ve not had a product from then fail our not perform reasonably.

I’ve never had a TAB but all the note tablet owners I know race about them

On of my concerns for the OP would be that you’ve been sent fake goods. Clearly they were bought on the world market cheap rather than direct from Samsung. Where they from Amazon od Amazon market place

welshfarmer

Several keys on a german keyboard are in completekly different places to the UK keyboard. If your OS thinks it is using a UK keyboard then when you press one key on the german keyboard it will assume it is a different key as on the UK keyboard and give the impression the keyboard is not working. You would have to change the settings to tell the TAB that it is a German keyboard.

This may of course not have been the issue, just one I have had when bringing stuff back to the UK from Germany (after working over there)

soundb0y
    Free Member

Seems like I am doing the opposite. Loving my f series TV, my tab 2014 has been fantastic and I’m considering getting the note 4 today.

I never used to like them at all and would never have considered myself a fan but they have some great product lines currently.

wrightyson
    Free Member

My samsung tv sound is absolute bobbins!!!.

project
    Free Member

bbc watchdog thursday last, samsung phones catching fire and exploding.

ampthill

Well if your going to watch watch Dog

Didn’t they once do a thing on bikes being unstable

bikemike1968
    Free Member

I have also fallen out of love with Samsung (although I wouldn’t have ever called it love, more a grudging admiration for an effective bit of kit).
    This is due to the software as opposed to any failure of the phone itself(a galaxy s4).
    Samsung load their phones and tablets with huge amounts of unnecessary bloatware which slows them to a crawl, eats the battery and cause frequent crashes
    You can’t remove most of this unwanted stuff and every update brings more.
    I’ll be going for a plain android device next.

stumpy01

Had a few Samsung products. Never been overly impressed with any of them.

loddrik
    Free Member

Typing this on my galaxy s5. Its fast, never crashed and battery is excellent.

Got property soaked whilst out riding yesterday, so did the phone, which is now fine. Have trashed three iPhones through getting them wet.

Have dabbled with Samsung’s a few times but always ended up back on an iPhone, but this S5 really is a great bit if kit.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I know 2 people with a tab and they’ve been fine.

I guess now you’ll see what the RMA process is like, I’ve never had to use it myself, and I hope I never have to.

footflaps

I guess now you’ll see what the RMA process is like

They get you to send it back to Apple 😉

mos

How/why would you be in love with an electronics manufacturer in the first Place? It’s just stuff?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Falling in love with an electronics manufacturer will always end badly and with potential for electrical burns where it’s a bit embarrassing.

No real issues with my s3 or TV, moved onto a nexus now. Not really seeing the big issues. Millions of devices world wide some will fail, if they replace then no issue. As for Amazon UK sending a German keyboard that didn’t work sounds like lots of issues there, perhaps a dud warranty one ended up in the wrong box.

Drac

My 3 Samsung TVs we own are fantastic.

The one Samsung phone we owned was poop.

welshfarmer

I have a Samsung Fridge Freezer. Been faultless for about 12 years now 🙂

(reception is crap though)

How/why would you take a turn of phrase so literally on a forum? It’s just the internet!

FTFY…. 😉

Filed returns with Amazon for both, so will see.

A mate who has a computer shop reckons it’s a common problem with Samsung tabs when the postie plays footy with the packages – there’s a connector that comes loose. The keyboard we will just put down to rubbish stock control…

maccruiskeen

I have a Samsung Fridge Freezer. Been faultless for about 12 years now

(reception is crap though)

You’re holding it wrong.

ads678

I’m writing this on my Samsung galaxy S2, 2years old and perfect. I think people are a bit fickle with gadgets nowadays. IMO of course.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Samsung TV’s are good, it’s a product area they are strong in. In phone and particularly tablets they have to compete on price to have any chance of selling vs Apple so IMO the quality really suffers

johnners
    Free Member

Samsung load their phones and tablets with huge amounts of unnecessary bloatware which slows them to a crawl, eats the battery and cause frequent crashes
    I’ll be going for a plain android device next.

Totally agree, I’ll be rooting my Tab2 when I pluck up the courage, research the method and can be arsed. Mind you, I’ve been saying that for months so I suppose it can’t be that bad.

gears_suck
    Free Member

I have a Samsung S4. 2 years old and no issues other than those I’ve created myself.
    Good product. I got immensely sick of apples constant updates and constant glitches. Finally gave up all together on the ipad and iphone.
    Just sold the ipad and very glad to be shut of it.

Edukator
    Free Member

A computer screen died of old age. Three TVs are fine. A basic phone packed up after being drowned. An android phone is fine since I removed all passwords.

ElShalimo

Samsung make many millions of products each year so it’s no surprise that some fail.

Having said that, their American style fridges have a known problem that they seem happy to live with despite pissing customers off

gears_suck
    Free Member

Having said that, their American style fridges have a known problem that they seem happy to live with despite pissing customers off

It’s not known to me! Do you plan on enlightening us?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s probably something to do with not keeping apples fresh

ElShalimo

Just Google it

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you are jivehoney and I claim my £5

ElShalimo

Look on MoneySavingExpert, Which? or any other consumer website forum
    Temperature problems

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Root it, install a vanilla android, and it is gone.

Or root it and uninstall the stuff you don’t want.

Personally, I just avoid using the free software if I don’t like it.

I quite like my S4. Its an excellent gadget.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Fallen out of love with Samsung’ is closed to new replies.