Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Fake 4×4 crossovers
  • wool

After being lent a Nissan Qusqushsashsquch for a few weeks i am realy struggling to what practical use it has over a normal car does anyone know?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I hired one once and it was cr4p. No bootspace, horrible handling, no good off road. Why ate there Su many of them around?!

TooTall
    Free Member

Image.
    Feeling of safety for occupants.
    Status.
    Elevated driving position.

If these are practical uses to you, then you buy it.

anonymouse
    Free Member

The elevated driving position is an advantage, and there’s plenty of space in the back for kids.

petrieboy

Because people think they look nice and that makes them happy. Same reason people drive diesel powered german cars with sporty bodies and massive wheels, people like the look but don’t care for the supercar performance of the RS, M and AMG versions they resemble.
    People on here will tell you these people are wannabe posers, but that says more about them than the drivers of such cars.

wool

Ah thats a good point the elevated driving position but thats it,the boot space is no better than the focusI have handling is worse and it gets stuck in the verges where the focus pulls its self out. So QED buy something else me thinks.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Nothing makes me drive slower than an aggressive, gesticulating, light flashing SUV/wannabee suv tailgating driver. I go out of my way to impede their progress. When i let them pass I give them a cheery wave and smile!!

nickjb
    Free Member

They aren’t for driving up mountains or crossing the Kalahari but for a bit of offroad-lite there is an advantage. My partner is a private pilot so we need something that’ll tow on grass and across fields. Used a car for a while but have now bought a Freelander which is better. Same when it snowed, cars work OK but the Freelander was much better. Every now then you can take it somewhere where you probably could take a car but again the extra ground clearance is useful. It’s not great on the road, but adequate; boot is a decent size, but not massive; fuel economy is ok, not brilliant. Its pretty compromised but every now then its handy.

Bit of river action last month
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPbtjK9hqE[/video]

Tiger6791

Well, you weren’t wearing your seatbelt.

and you may have run over a fish!

fubar
    Free Member

I presumed they had the advantages of a MPV (without the extra seats)…elevated position for the kids to look out and higher seating to ease loading kids into car seats.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

wool – Member
    After being lent a Nissan Qusqushsashsquch for a few weeks i am realy struggling to what practical use it has over a normal car does anyone know?

None at all, except around here they seem very popular with the blue badge brigade, maybe those with genuine mobility issues find them easier to get in & out of. Wait another year or so and all the second hand ex-mobility vehicles will hit the market, the used prices of them will plumet. Wifey had one as a coutesy car when they were new, nice as a car, but 4×4? Noooo, a 4×4 needs a high & low range transfer box IMHO.

[edit] regarding towing, squashies are not even that good, they have poxy low towing limits for such a size car, which means they can’t even tow the majority of family sized, 4 berth caravans.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

They make more sense that the new Nissan Juke. They are foul.

I think the name is a fusion of Junk and Puke.

mattbee

Freelander isn’t a pretend off roader though, it’s pretty good even without a hi/low box etc, the electronic gubbins does it’s job well. Stick some decent tyres and a 2″ lift on it and you’ll be a happy greenlaner for the most part, unlike the squashpie, ford kuga thing etc…..

iDave
    Free Member

my ex wife has a qasquai. she reads the daily mail and goes on cruises 😯

footflaps

Driven the Peugeot equivalent models 3008 and 5008 (GF works for Peugeot) and they are really nice to drive with great boot space for bikes etc. The crossover market is booming, with the qasquai (sp) the market leader and everyone trying to catch up with them.

nickjb
    Free Member

Freelander isn’t a pretend off roader though

They don’t agree over on the Landrover forum 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Friend has a Freelander and we were given a BMW X3 as a rental in Germany last time we were over. They’re both nice, luxury, cars (but then they should be for the money). Interior space is no better than a normal car and boot space is pretty shocking on both because the sill is so high. The mate puts his kids (admitedly oversized) pram in the boot and it’s full. They’re both BIG vehicles though. High, wide, long.

Estate = same interior space, better handling, better fuel economy. MPV = same body size, masses more interior space, probably still better fuel economy as you lose the weight of the extra transmission.

Relatives replaced a Passat estate with a Nissan X-Trail when he needed something higher that would be easier to get in and out of. Shocked by the fuel economy. Currently have a Golf Plus – high driving position, *masses* of interior space on Golf floorplan. Works really well for them (ex-farmers, still live miles up a tiny lane – see no need for 4 wheel drive on the road….)

myheadsashed

They’re importing Lada Nivas again for those who like thing err basic 😆

AndrewDrummond
    Free Member

Apparently they had 27889 tests before making it into production, or so the advert the ski resort said.

samuri
    Free Member

So people can pretend they have a real 4×4?
    I’ve never seen what’s wrong with normal cars myself.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Bought by short people with attitude IMHO.

I don’t get the Qashqai, aside from being badly spelled what the heck is it for? A niche too far, once upon a time Nissan built memorable cars like the 200SX and Skyline, now they’re doing a range of apologetic hatches and really rather suspect pseudo 4x4s.

Like a Rancho for people who listen to Coldplay.

Spongebob
    Free Member

We own a Nissan “Cackshyster” and trust me, they are total rubbish! Don’t touch ’em!

What possesed me to even entertain the thought of one is a bit of a mystery.

Actually, it was the missus reaction to me suggesting she should have a practical 5 seater plus two half sized child seats type vehicle – a Zafira or a Mazda 5

That new compact Nissan, whatever it’s called, that’s been properly thrashed with the ugly stick!

The solution is a Golf diesel!

freddyg
    Free Member

My Dad (aged 67) has a Nissan Quiche. He bought it for the elevated driving position for my step-mum – she got the heebegeebies after they were involved in an accident; they were run off the road by someone overtaking on a blind corner so she likes to be able to see as fas ahead as possible. He doesn’t like it very much. He misses the V8 Camry that was written off in the aforementioned.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Fake 4×4 crossovers’ is closed to new replies.