Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • failure to display tax disc
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Got a ticket for this, occasionally I find my car with the disc having fallen off the windscreen and on the floor – been meaning to sort for ages but happened so infrequently I did not get round to it (have no idea how it falls off either, never happens while driving).

Can't find any grounds to appeal am I ****ed?

(Frustrating only in that I must have been shopped as no parking restrictions etc in area so no reason for plod to be about here looking for dodgy motors)

Edric64
    Free Member

Just say it was there when you left it you may be ok how are you to know it fell off.Technically you are in the wrong but I see no harm in challenging the fine

Kato

It's got to be displayed in the bottom nearside corner of the windscreen. If it's not, even if you have tax, then it's a ticket

A harsh ticket mind you, someone must have been bored

cynic-al
    Free Member

When I got home it was displayed face down in the passenger footwell.

Kato

Usually if you've no tax displayed you'd get a CLE 2/6 stuck on your window saying Police have notifed DVLA and then it's up to DVLA what they do. I've never given an FPN for failing to display

Esme
    Free Member

If it's any consolation, exactly the same thing happened to me (Chester, 1982)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks Esme, that helps. What you doing later?

(£60 FPN FWIW Burt Kwock)

ziggy
    Free Member

Can I be the first to…

cynic-al
    Free Member

14 minutes/8 posts, I though it would be quicker.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

HA
    <goes outside checks tax disc sees expired Oct 09, finds replacement tax disc in massive pile of post, puts in car>
    HA

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘failure to display tax disc’ is closed to new replies.