Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Factory reset Android phone
  • nickjb
    Free Member

The Lollipop upgrade has messed up my phone (Nexus 4) so I’m going to do a factory reset and see if that helps. Its probably due one anyway as I have accumulated a lot of junk over the years. What’s going to disappear that I have forgotten about?

Text and call history – don’t care
    Photos – all backed up
    Paid apps – I only have one and that is sorted
    Passwords – I think I can remember them all
    Angry Birds high scores – Might be time to move on
    Anything else?

Can I save a list of my apps to remind what I might want back? They didn’t all come from the Play store.

nemesis
    Free Member

For me, it’s stuff like ftp details

soma_rich
    Free Member

You wont loose any paid apps they are linked to your Google account, make sure you know that by logging into Gmail if you dont regularly do so on a PC.

nemesis
    Free Member

Use an app like ‘app backup & restore’ to back up all your apps. Connect your phone to a computer and download all the backup files to it. Do the factory reset. Install app backup & restore, copy the files back into the backup folder and then reinstall them all from AB&R.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Bookmarks for websites?
    short-cuts you have made, I have loads would be nice to have an app that just creates them every time I switch phones or reset…

jon1973
    Free Member

copy all your contacts to your sim (apologies if you took that as read)

nickjb
    Free Member

Thanks. all good so far.

Only one ftp site and I have that stored
    Only one paid app that bought on my old Nokia and have transferred several times
    Not sure I want to restore everything. Part of the reasoning is a purge of junk
    On chrome so all my bookmarks are synced with my desktop browser and tablet
    Contacts are backed up by Google

nemesis
    Free Member

copy all your contacts to your sim (apologies if you took that as read)

Don’t do that – create a proper extact (either on the phone or google will do it too) and save that off the phone. The SIM is very limited in what it’ll hold.

nickjb
    Free Member

any more? Just about to do it

stumpy01

I did mine on Monday night….(did a Factory reset on Kitkat as phone is almost 2 years old and starting to get a bit cludgy).

The things I forgot

Wi-Fi locations set-up (not sure if you can back these up though
    Saved dictionary own words – but it seems to have kept them anyway
    Bluetooth pairing – only one device and took seconds to reconnect

I did a ‘back up and restore’ – my phone has the program installed on it (not sure if it’s a Sony app or generally available), but decided not to use it in the end as I wasn’t sure how much it was going to drag back.
    I thought I could select what I wanted to restore – e.g. tick the box to restore text messages, tick the box to restore app data etc. but I think it just dumps everything back on that was saved.

Contacts should be backed up on Google and take about 2 button clicks to get back.
    There’s a few people who’s Facebook contact hasn’t linked up with the Google contact, but no big deal.

VanMan
    Free Member

Do you use google authenticate? If so make sure you have the set of ten codes to hand 😳

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Factory reset Android phone’ is closed to new replies.