Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Facebook feed search…
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

One of my friends in the states posted an article about 3 days ago that I want to share. When I go to her feed, FB only shows me “posts you haven’t seen”.
    Why do these twits feel the need to “curate” my experience? I just want chronological post history.
    So where is the “posts you have seen and want to see again thanks” button?
    I have scrolled back through hers and my timelines back a week in time and its not there.

Cougar

Bookmark this: https://www.facebook.com/?sk=h_chr

You’re welcome.

wwaswas

I’ve been on Facebook about 5 years. I still can’t work out why I see what I do see and why I miss so much of what I might want to.

If twitter ever change their ‘everythign, chronologically’ approach I shall cry.

whitestone
    Free Member

You are missing the point of Facebook. It’s there to find things out about you and then pester you with (supposedly) targeted ads.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

5plusn8
    Why do these twits feel the need to “curate” my experience?

Those “twits” are an algorithm.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Category mistake on your part. The twits are the folk who wrote or commissioned the algorithm to curate my experience. I am under no illusion that there is person choosing what I see post by post. The algorithm is the tool used by the curating twits.

Cougar – that is a useful bookmark thank you. However I still have to trawl back through three days worth of my 97 friends and 40 odd liked pages output, which is onerous. is there an equivalent just for a single id?

eg I tried https://www.facebook.com/cougar?sk=h_chr but it just defaults back to https://www.facebook.com/cougar..

muddyfunster
    Free Member

5plusn8
    Why do these twits feel the need to “curate” my experience?

muddyfunster

5plusn8
    Category mistake on your part.

It’s obvious you have a much deeper understanding of this than you are letting on. I’ll leave you to it.

Cougar

is there an equivalent just for a single id?

It changes the sort mode for a period of time (until it arbitrarily switches back again). Once you’ve clicked that link, you should then be able to go to the individual page with it still in chronological order. (I think, anyway, I’ve not tried it.)

5plusn8
    Free Member

I’ll leave you to it.

Ahh shame, your contribution was useful.

5plusn8
    Free Member

It changes the sort mode for a period of time (until it arbitrarily switches back again. Once you’ve clicked that link, you should then be able to go to the individual page with it still in chronological order. (I think, anyway, I’ve not tried it.)

Ahh brill I shall try that cheers.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Boom. 10th post down in her timeline. Works a treat.
    So I clicked through cougars link, clicked on my friends list, navigated to my friend, clicked on her. Scrolled down, and there t was, having been hidden before as I had searched back through 50-60 posts previously.
    Top work cheers.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Boom. 10th post down in her timeline. Works a treat.
    So I clicked through cougars link, clicked on my friends list, navigated to my friend, clicked on her. Scrolled down, and there t was, having been hidden before as I had searched back through 50-60 posts previously.
    Top work cheers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Facebook feed search…’ is closed to new replies.