Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Facebook – export to PDF or JPEG?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Is there a way to export Facebook posts and comments as a PDF or JPEG?

I help organise a town event. The parent organisation has 100x members, all with email but very few who use Facebook. So 98x people don’t see what we put on our Facebook page.

I want to find a way to get our event Facebook page to the 98x email contacts in that group who don’t use Facebook. My idea is to Print as PDF, or Export JPEG, or something similar and then email it to them all.

I’ve tried Copy+Paste but the text all comes through as a Hyperlink – no good. I want to easily create an image of the FB page and then email it.

Any clues??

Does anyone know a good way to do this?

chambord
    Free Member

You can normally “Save as” from the file menu, this will probably save as a html file with a folder full of images and other gubbins. You could ZIP this up and email to people, though you might want to modify it to remove personal stuff from the side bars. I don’t know how tech savvy you are so this might be an issue…

cakefest
    Free Member

Save As HTML sounds like the wrong thing for the 98x users – too complicated with multiple attachments. I think they just need to look at something that shows them what’s been going on there.

Any other ideas?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Any other ideas?

er

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cakefest
    Free Member

mikewsmith, thanks for the reminder/insistence. if this is a weekly email that i send out am i going to need to do printscreen for every post that’s put up over that period so i get neat edges?

robbo
    Free Member

Or use an email app (like Mail chimp) to email to the majority and automatically post the email to the Facebook page. You’re posting the message in the wrong place if your members aren’t using that media. Email it if that’s where your audience is.

scotroutes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah makes more sense now, thought you wanted to send 1 thing out not a weekely update. As Robbo says use the media that works for the majority. Mailchimp is great and easy.

chambord
    Free Member

I take it the group can’t just be made public?

cakefest
    Free Member

I don’t use Facebook. Someone else in the group co-ordinates this.

The 98x email users are a very small part of the target audience, they are simply the parent organisation and it would be good to keep them updated.

The majority of the audience are members of the public who are FB users.

user-removed
    Free Member

Tell them to get with the times and join FB, daddyo. Even if it’s just to join the conversation and keep up to date. I’ve tried organising photo holidays over a couple of forums and a FB group and it’s just impossible. Eventually I just told folk if they wanted in, they had to join the FB group. Most did – the annoying, stubborn nuggets didn’t, and missed out.

My 70 year old dad manages it!

geoffj

On a mac, you can print to a PDF file
    Adobe acrobat used to do similar on windows – maybe some free ones too?

Edit – http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/productivity/fwpdftools

cp

Install cutepdf or primopdf and then you can print the entire page to a PDF as of you were printing on paper.

scotroutes

But he’s still going to have to do a PrtScn for every page

mikewsmith
    Free Member

cp – Member
    Install cutepdf or primopdf and then you can print the entire page to a PDF as of you were printing on paper.

Print to PDF is part of Chrome too.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Windows 7 or above has a snipping tool, use that to select the part of the page you want to make into a jpeg, you can copy and paste from the preview

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Facebook – export to PDF or JPEG?’ is closed to new replies.