Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Face fender
  • svalgis
    Free Member

Autumn is here and I’m getting a face fender. There are a few to choose from now but am I right in thinking that Mucky Nutz’ is the original? As they all look the same without much separating them I’d prefer to support the actual inventors.

Also, I used to really hate how the XL versions look, but they’ve grown on me. Has anyone compared them to the regular ones? Significant difference in use? Any drawbacks?

It’s not a huge ivnestment or anything but the geek inside me still likes to do The Research (i.e. asking someone else while leaning back and waiting for the answers to fall into my lap). 🙂

passtherizla
    Free Member

I quite like my XL mucky nutz. works well. Think marsh guard came first though.

They dont work as well as the peaty one or the defender but they also don’t cost £50.

warpcow
    Free Member

Mucky Nutz were first I believe. The new ones hold up much better than the originals which cracked after a couple of months. I went through a couple of homemade ones too, but went back to Mucky Nutz in the end.

svalgis
    Free Member

I’ve just about decided to go for the XL version (again, if there aren’t any significant drawbacks?), and my mate wants to get in on the order and get a butt fender, so it will be Mucky Nutz either way as they can provide both. So much for principles. 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

Normal on shorter travel, XL on longer travel, though i fitted a mud-hugger shaped guard for a very wet ride and it catches much more crap in sloppy conditions. Its bigger, heavier and slightly more faff to fit tho, so depends if your planning to leave on.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I got an XL and trimmed it down so it was more like a L.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Face fender’ is closed to new replies.