Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Fabrice Muamba……..
  • Houns

I want to know why this is headlines and is taking up 10 minutes of reporting?

Sadly this happens quite a lot in sport, other instances are hardly reported

RustySpanner

grahamh – Member

So 23 year old keels over with a hart attack.
    What are the changes that he’s been using EPO or other such substances?

I would say that there’s much less chance that you own and can use a dictionary than that Muamba was on EPO.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I’m with Houns. How much news time did Beryl get when she collapsed ? And she was THE BEST, not an also ran…

Jamie
    Free Member

I want to know why this is headlines and is taking up 10 minutes of reporting?

The level something impacts the news is usually down to 2 factors. How many people does it affect/can relate to, and what is the frequency of the occurrence.

A participant in one of the worlds most popular sports, being watched by millions on the TV and 35,000+ at WHL, being victim to an event that affects very few, certainly at the age of 23, means it will be news.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Scary news and obviously my thoughts go out to his friends and family.

However the grief tourist in me is slightly happy that I get to make a public declaration of the sorrow I’m feeling.

emac65
    Free Member

Shocking,hope he pulls through….

BTW – Some right knobbers on this thread….

mrmo
    Free Member

nice to see the no drugs in footie crowd rushing to rubbish the idea.

anyway his symptoms are more likely steroids rather than EPO.

I hope he is clean and makes a full recovery, but the problem is that FA/UEFA/FIFA deny ALL problems, natural heart issues and drug issues.

Drac

This thread was started in respect of a human who is now fighting for his life. Can we concentrate on that please instead of pity arguments or there will be only one result.

Keep fighting fella and well done to my fellow professionals and the hospital staff, times like this is what makes me proud to work in the NHS.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what ^^^^^^^he said

who knows what caused it so lets not jump to conclusions and just wish him well and a speedy recovery

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

who knows what caused it so lets not jump to conclusions and just wish him well and a speedy recovery

Surely in any other medium for conversation we’d be specualting about what might have caused it? Or is the ‘real-life’ forum different somehow?

mrmo
    Free Member

To be blunt now is the time to be having the conversation about what caused it, everyone knows that whatever the outcome after the event it will be forgotten about and nothing will change. You either demand something is done now or forget it and accept nothing will change and the more your people will die in odd circumstances.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you wish to debate without any evidence about what may have caused the condition of a man fighting then I am not going to stop you*
    The fact no one has any idea would make the debate absolutely pointless [ no one knows] – this would stop me in the real work if not on STW**

*the man with the banning stick may though

**We end up with emotional outbursts like that that has no actual facts in it but bucket loads of [currenlty] baseless assumptions

ebygomm
    Free Member

Twelve young people a week die from undiagnosed heart conditions. Comments assuming drugs had to play a part show how much more awareness is needed.

People think that outwardly fit and healthy young people don’t just drop dead but unfortunately they do. That sometimes these deaths could easily be prevented is the real tragdy.

Cardiac Risk in the Young

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The fact no one has any idea would make the debate absolutely pointless

Shhhh – you’ll break the forum if this idea catches on.

warton
    Free Member

You either demand something is done now or forget it and accept nothing will change and the more your people will die in odd circumstances.

What are you talking about? a man has had a heart attack while playing sport. thats all we know. Please give this a rest, it’s very insensitive.

PS, my mate died of a heart attack aged 28. very fit guy, was he on drugs too?

Mark

Surely in any other medium for conversation we’d be specualting about what might have caused it? Or is the ‘real-life’ forum different somehow?

Yes, it’s very different.
    This isn;t some private conversation you are having with your mates in the pub. You are typing words and publishing them to the public at large. There’s a big difference. In the same way that many would be quite rightly upset if a newspaper published those sort of unfounded and insensitive speculations you can’t say the same on here for the same reasons.

It’s about time a few on here woke up to the distinction between mouthing off to their mates in private and posting on a forum.

And yes, before someone trots out the usual cobblers ‘It’s not real – it’s the internet’. It IS real and what you say is read by real people in the real world. And when people post insensitive speculative nonsense about a real human who is fighting for his life in a real hospital, people get REALLY annoyed about it… For real!

mrmo
    Free Member

Warton, let me explain, there are two probable causes, either drugs or congenital issues, both are real problems and neither are being addressed by FIFA/UEFA/FA, i do hope that he gets better, i also hope that this actually leads to something being done about BOTH problems, my real fear is that if this is forgotten about then nothing will be done to sort either problem.

Think of it as trying to get some good out of a crap situation. and like when jade goody died it might make some people think about their health.

warton
    Free Member

there are two probable causes

I understand what you’re saying, and I agree that more needs to be done, but there is no way you can, at this moment in time narrow down what has happened to two probable causes, unless you have inside knowledge of what has happened. It’s pure speculation.

duckman

I hope it gets better,nothing else is really a consideration at this point.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Fabrice Muamba……..’ is closed to new replies.