Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fabric Scoop Flat Race Saddle – Comfort issues?
  • TheGingerOne

Has anyone else had issues with the Fabric Scoop Flat Race Saddle?

Where the soft topping is attached to the hard base on the flat model is right on the edge of the saddle. It appears that for me, the soft top appears to squash and then I am finding that I am rubbing my backside on the edge of the hard base. It almost feels like I am pinching my buttock on every pedal stroke. Came back from a ride on Friday afternoon and now have a very sore buttock in a place you would never get normal saddle sore.

I only weight 11 and a bit stone so I am hardly a heavyweight. I also have a number of pairs of shorts (all decent quality – Sportful, Castelli etc), so it might be short specific to a degree related to the pad shape and size.

Anyone else had this issue?

eyestwice
    Free Member

I weight the same as you, Endura liner with Troy Lee shorts. No problems here.

So it could well be the pad shape?

hypnonewt
    Free Member

I have not tried a Fabric Scoop, but have just sold my Charge Spoon saddle because of similar reasons. All the reviews I read about it praised its comfort but I found it extremely uncomfortable even on short rides.
    Maybe get your sit bone measured with one of those gel pad measuring devices and buy the next saddle based on that.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Isn’t the “flat” version designed for drop bar bikes, with the “shallow” and “radius” for more upright riding?

TheGingerOne

I have other Fabric \ Charge saddles without issue. Only appears to be this model unfortunately?.

On my CX bike.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve got a Fabric ALM and it’s brutally uncomfortable. It’s for sale actually. It’s err… very comfortable 😕

Northwind

Different bums fit different saddles, probably you’ve just got one that doens’t fit you well? (there’s a few “always bad” things in saddle design, like raised stitched seams in the wrong place, but other than that I reckon every saddle ever made is probably comfortable for someone…

legend
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    I’ve got a Fabric ALM and it’s brutally uncomfortable. It’s for sale actually. It’s err… very comfortable

Give you £5 for it, basically doing you a favour here

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fabric Scoop Flat Race Saddle – Comfort issues?’ is closed to new replies.