Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • F1 (Spoilers etc)
  • clubber
    Free Member

thekingisdead – Member
    Algesuari? Don’t even know why TR dropped him.

Because it became clear that he wasn’t going to be a Vettel and that’s what they’re interested in using STR for – the results as such aren’t critical rather bringing a driver with WC potential on is.

I thought that the loss of Brundle on BBC was going to be huge but TBH I haven’t really missed him. I reckon that DC and whoever the other bloke is do a very good job. I watched a couple of races on Sky F1 and tbh I didn’t think it was as good as the BBC coverage. YMMV of course.

richmtb

Grosjean is thoroughly deserving of his ban. He caused the collision which put 4 other drivers out of the race and could have caused serious injuries.

He is clearly talented but needs to learn to calm down

crush83
    Free Member

whached the race on sky but missed the bit about Grosjean getting a ban!

is it one race?

toby1

crush83, yes just a one race ban.

Grosjean is clumsy but has potential, he just really needs some start training. Maldonado is aggressive and dangerous, I’d much rather see him banned for a very long time.

Button had a great day, if somewhat slightly lonely out front all alone for the day.

Podium interviews – I just don’t get it, what was wrong with the post race conference.

Sky coverage just seems like a characterless version of the BBC to me, there is more personality to it by far. And although I have the Sky channel I prefer the BBC coverage.

KonaTC

Hamilton qualified poorly, childishly tweeted pictures of his and Jenson’s telemetry traces after Saturdays session, he didn’t get of the line as well as the rest of the grid at the start leaving a gap that Grosjean spotted and quite rightly exploited, then Hamilton with a trademark do or die maneuver tried to recover the situation.

And Grosjean gets a one race ban

richmtb

Hamilton with a trademark do or die maneuver tried to recover the situation.

Not how I saw it, Hamilton held his line and Grosjean ran into him.

It couldn’t be clearer.

atlaz
    Free Member

Even Grosjean said he made a mistake when he went across. The only alternative for Hamilton would be to brake and get smashed into from behind.

Pook

kona – arguably Hamilton punished himself in all of your points. Except the do or die move. What was he supposed to do, teleport through the pit wall or slam on the brakes?

Grosjean put his car where there was already a car.

jota180
    Free Member

then Hamilton with a trademark do or die maneuver tried to recover the situation.

He held it straight – how is that ‘do or die’?

Even Grosjean has put his hands up to making a mistake

retro83
    Free Member

richmtb – Member

Grosjean is thoroughly deserving of his ban. He caused the collision which put 4 other drivers out of the race and could have caused serious injuries.

He is clearly talented but needs to learn to calm down

You think the collision was intentional then? I thought it was more carelessness/incompetence.

I personally think that Maldonado is much more worthy of a ban, considering that his incidents almost always seem to be red mist moments.

atlaz – Member

Even Grosjean said he made a mistake when he went across. The only alternative for Hamilton would be to brake and get smashed into from behind.

If he’d have braked his front left would have hit the rear right of RG.

toby1

I’m not sure that Kona TC’s comments are worthy of a reply.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nope, just a hater with no sense of objectivity. I don’t think from those comments he even saw the incident.

Vettel was in suprisingly good form in the interviews. His Schu comments were carefully tempered and his firm point that he apologised for knocking JB off a couple of years ago could be seen as being pointed at Grosjean (is it me, or does anyone else think of Billy Elliot when they see him?)

richmtb

You think the collision was intentional then? I thought it was more carelessness/incompetence.

He moved all the way across the track and hit Hamilton, I’m sure he didn’t intend to crash and ruin his own race. But no one was forcing him to move right and hit Hamilton therefore the initial collision and the ensuing carnage was 100% his fault.

I personally think that Maldonado is much more worthy of a ban, considering that his incidents almost always seem to be red mist moments.

Possibly, he has a history of dangerous and agressive moves but Maldonando’s trangressions don’t really have any bearing on the incident with Grosjean

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It was only Spa last year when Maldo swiped Hamiltons car. On purpose. It’s astonishing he wasn’t banned then.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘F1 (Spoilers etc)’ is closed to new replies.