Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • F f f f f freezing cold but smile inducing local sesh today
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

I am not really someone who is good in the cold, and e by eck it was brassic on my way to Heath Hall in the wind, but once there how happy was I? It’s amazing how even a little local loop can be serious fun in the frost and snow 😀

Final photo is of the pump track at Heath Hall. I think my front wheel may have momentarily been off the ground 😮

December 1st by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0143 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_0157 by simon ralli, on Flickr

currymad
    Free Member

nice pics…looks lovely with the sun out and not a cloud in the sky ( he say’s from a warm sitting room !)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

NO GLOVES??????? 😯

Nutter…

wwaswas

what Elfin sed!

Can’t believe anyone would go out with no gloves – don;t need much to go wrong before you;re out there a lot longer than you thought you would be.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Guys it was -2 and I can assure you my hands get seriously cold even when it is not even freezing.

The gloves I was wearing were so big I had to whip them off to set the self timer and press the button. I am man enough not to have to wear the gloves for like, 20 seconds for the photos! 😀

Underneath my combats I had M&S thermal long johns, and I had a thermal top under a thermal jacket under that quite thick cagoule!!!!

lcj

The pumptrack doesn’t look very..erm..pumpable?

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well maybe it is my photo. I can assure you it is an excellent facility really for kids who are just learning, as opposed to anything majorly hardcore. The track is only a few hundred metres in length, but there are plenty of doubles (not too sure of the terminology) and a couple of places you can jump. Trekster here was involved in the efforts to get the facility funded and built by the local council. So yeah, while it is very small, it is an excellent little place for maybe 8 – 15 year olds (and bigger kids too 😀 )

simonralli2
    Free Member

Here’s a photo without snow. Not too sure if the “jumps” show up that well though.

IMG_0028 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘F f f f f freezing cold but smile inducing local sesh today’ is closed to new replies.