Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Eye shooting stars
  • tails
    Free Member

Do the shooting stars that arrive from the edge of your field of vision then disappear have a name and reason?

scaredypants

methanol poisoning ?

tails
    Free Member

Hmm thats interesting I have had them alot more frequently since visiting asia, where i dare say they would use meths in alcoholic drinks. But that was last april, surely my body would have kicked it out by now. If this is the case.

scaredypants

yeh

sure you've not been on the screenwash shots ?

tails
    Free Member

Well I don't know, I binge drink at weekends. But yeah I well could have drunk meths in asia without knowing. I'm sure there is a more innocent reason but I shall investigate your theory.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i get them when the blood supply to my head is reduced (stand up suddenly, ill, over exertion)

could be a sign of circulatory or blood problems

i'd see the doctor if you get them regularly

wwaswas

"I binge drink at weekends"

well, you could try and avoid that for a bit and see if the situation improves?

scaredypants

slightly more seriously, if they're persistent or increasing get someone to gaze into your eyes and (hopefully) tell you they're perfect

(mine are bloody full of floaters though I'm told the eyes themselves are OK)

tails
    Free Member

The methanol poisoning idea seems to severe I'd have been hospitalized.

could be a sign of circulatory or blood problems

More likely as I do get cold hands, but I don't know who I'd see about it (optician) my doctor is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

tails
    Free Member

(mine are bloody full of floaters though I'm told the eyes themselves are OK)

what are floaters?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

if it's little stars you are seeing then it's not floaters (bits of crap in or behind the eye that float around and appear as fuzzy dark spots)

little stars is caused by low blood supply and the eyes/seeing bit of the brain flipping out

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Another common phosphene is “seeing stars,” from a sneeze, a heavy and deep cough, blowing of the nose, a blow on the head or low blood pressure (such as on standing up too quickly or prior to fainting). It is possible these involve some mechanical stimulation of the retina, but they may also involve mechanical and metabolic stimulation of neurons of the visual cortex or of other parts of the visual system.

Less commonly, phosphenes can also be caused by some diseases of the retina and nerves. The British National Formulary lists phosphenes as an occasional side effect of at least one anti-anginal medication (available only by medical prescription in the United Kingdom).

wiki

scaredypants

floaters are the remnants of a shipwreck in the late 1870s. apparently lots of people have them but not everyone can see them (just like the dead people in that film)

i don't think i have any dead sailors in my eyes, though it might explain my jumping style

tails
    Free Member

I have also been getting twitches, since May which the doctor said was benign fasciculation syndrome. Which can be annoying but what can i do.

tails
    Free Member

Booked appointment with optician for saturday!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Eye shooting stars’ is closed to new replies.