Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Eye Protection for Children in Trailers?
  • HantsNightRider
    Free Member

What eye protection if any do your kids wear whilst in trailers.

My nearly 4 year old is complaining of bits going in her eyes if the rain shield is up on the burley, but now the weather is getting hotter the trailer is like a greenhouse with 2 of them in it if it’s down.

Other child is 2.

So recommend me some glasses for a 2 and 4 year old.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

My 6 year old has a pair of dhb kids glasses and our 2 year old has some that use a strap on the back to hold them on but i can’t remember where we got those from but it could have been Next.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you have a decent mudguard on the towing bike?

Tracey

When Abigale was on the Trailgater we used swimming goggles

Tracey

Rikoshea
    Free Member

Babybanz/kidsbanz?

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

No, I use an FSR or a tandem for towing. Neither of which have mudguards, not sure the tandem would take them either as it has a disc brake and a rack already on it.

Do you think a mudguard would help as even a full length one would probably not stop all the low down bits flicked up which are the problem

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hants – I am sure a mudguard would help – you need a commuter type one that goes right round the wheel. Mudflap on it as well

theflatboy
    Free Member

i would have thought the majority of the bits going in the eyes is this goddamn pollen that virtually blinds me when i don’t wear the clear glasses at this time of year 😡

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

boots sunglasses for kids… reasonably priced, some decent styles, full uva protection and robust (more so than the usual spiderman/barbie branded tat).

owenfackrell
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Hants – I am sure a mudguard would help – you need a commuter type one that goes right round the wheel. Mudflap on it as well

As i use my trailer the most with my commuter which as full length guards i can say that while it helps a little there is still all sorts that get thrown up and is missed by the guard.

antigee

i fitted a perspex diy clip on clip off screen over the fly screen – sorry no pics – mtb style mudguards no use

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

glasses it is then,
    kindbanz look good
    thanks all

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Eye Protection for Children in Trailers?’ is closed to new replies.