Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Extrex GPS
  • monksie
    Free Member

If I wasn’t bothered about power, height gain, time in zone, cadence and all that stuff and I just wanted to download an off road or on road route and follow it with hard to get wrong on screen nvigation, would an Etrax be the thing I’m looking for and if so, which one?
    Thanks

CraigW
    Free Member

Yes. The Etrex 20x would do that fine. It comes with maps preloaded.
    Or Etrex 30x if you want to connect it to a heart rate monitor or cadence sensor.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you. Etrex 20x for me then. I get bored even researching technology, that’s how much it stimulates me but I’m grateful for your response. That’s all I needed.

butcher

Etrex 20 is great for navigation. Bulkier and a little bit more of a faff saving rides than the bike specific ones, but robust. Popular with Audaxers, partly because it takes AA batteries which can be replaced mid ride. And you’ll get 25 hours out of a set of good batteries…

Get a lanyard to be on the safe side and attach it to your bike. It’s not entirely uncommon for them to slip out of the mount (I’ve lost one myself).

Edit:

If you do get one, be aware that they only take so many route points. If the route you save has more, it’ll cut it short… I found this the hard way. You can save as route or track. Easier to save as track to be on the safe side. But I always check the full route is there before leaving the house now!

Cheezpleez

Yup, Etrex 20 is what you want.

chowsh
    Free Member

If you do get one and want a bike mount drop me an email, I’m sure I have one in a drawer somewhere and I’ll send it to you.

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you very much Chowsh! That’s very generous of you. I’m definitely going to get one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Extrex GPS’ is closed to new replies.