Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • External home offices
  • CaptainSlow

Wondering where’s good for home offices, and how good they are for working in? How good are they at keeping noise in and out? Can a wood dwelling be as good as brick?

The place I was looking at buying had the ideal space in the house, plans have now changed and I’m thinking of a smaller, cheaper place and building an office in the garden.

Ideally I’d like it to double as a studio but am concerned over humidity and temp fluctuations effecting my guitars.

Alternatively I can just let this one go, remarket my house in the spring and try again but thought I’d check the home office option first as we have some avid builders on here 🙂

Pickers

I’m typing this sat in mine at the moment.
    Timber construction, insulated, windows are double glazed units. I have an electric panel heater to keep it cosy. I had the opportunity to work from home but no space in the house for it.
    Suits me very well indeed, being away from the house a little means no disturbances from wife and kids.
    Some of the big garden centres have them to look at 1st hand, but they don’t look impossible to build – basically a nicely finished shed.

redstripe
    Free Member

Depends what budget is I guess. I bought one of these last year as a kit and did the base, built and insulated it with a mate in 3 days: http://www.fencingcentre.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=282_277&product_id=6459

been great and would recommend, have a heater on a timer for winter. Price was a grand cheaper last year though, not sure why it’s gone up. Use it as an office, overspill for friends/family staying etc. I think they are from an Estonian supplier, several companies over here seem to sell them. Cheers

CaptainSlow

Thanks folks – I’ve been wfh for many years now but with the kids growing I need to move out 🙂

A home should be a home first and an office second. I’ve been looking at these chaps with interest – http://www.oecogardenrooms.co.uk/garden-offices.html would probably want the additional sound insulation (panels and glass).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘External home offices’ is closed to new replies.