Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Extending SKS race blades
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Just fitted some race blades longs but a little disappointed they don’t extend all the way down to the BB on the back. I can’t see that they do an extension for them.

Anyone fashion one out of spare parts? I have a normal set of SKS fixed guards I could take a saw to.

wilburt
    Free Member

I had half a tin can pop riveted on mine for a while, it was the short version and didn’t keep me dry let alone following riders.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The short ones do look rubbish. The race blade longs on the other hand look pretty good (though not used them yet.) Similar coverage and length as the longboards, other than the area from the rear brake down to the BB, it’s only about 100mm long. I’ve some Di2 bits down there I’d rather be a bit more protected.

I’m wondering if I could cut a bit off some old longboards and a bit off the end of the race blade and somehow fasten them together (rivet, glue maybe?) Shall pop them off and see how close the profiles are.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Ah I’m being a bit silly. I can just cut the longboard behind the brake bracket and use that length instead of the bit that came with the race blade. Problem solved 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bodge bodged, and it’s a good one 🙂

May need to do something to make the bracket of the bodged bit of cut longboard a bit more secure. I’ll see if it slips at all in use.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Extending SKS race blades’ is closed to new replies.