Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Exsposure Toro Faulty after 5 weeks!!
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Update!!
    Spoke to exsposure yesterday and they tell me it’s a software issue and only they can update it and change the firmware. Ok!
    Spoke to them today and they are charging the light and will check it tomorrow to see if has held its charge. They assure me it Should be posted out for return tomorrow.!!! Firmware.. what a load of bollocks. 5 weeks old this light is!!!

legend
    Free Member

Firmware.. what a load of bollocks. 5 weeks old this light is!!!

Did you remember to tell them that their assessment was wrong? As it sounds like you have a better idea of the firmware version than the manufacturers do.

I’m not whinging

Don’t think you’re gonna convince many of that

wwaswas

you bought it 5 weeks ago, that doesn’t mean there’s a 5 week old firmware version in it.

traildog
    Free Member

Understand this I do not!!!

Bregante

If I’m reading this right you realised there was an issue on Monday and posted the light on Monday

Exposure have contacted you within 24 hrs to tell you what the problem is and apparently you’re not happy with this??

Sounds like excellent customer service to me…

Northwind

Terrible thread but if it’s any consolation, my 2 Magicshines are several years old and working flawlessly, and produce more light for half the price. Buy cheap buy twice (because the first time it turned out to be so good, you decided to get another)

jacob46
    Free Member

Legend
    you don’t buy a light to then have to return it weeks later for a firmware update! Or maybe you do?

BreGante
    can’t you see my frustration or do you think this is normal?

NorthWind
    why is it terrible? Magicshine, Chinese shit that need charging every 2 days.

wwaswas

Magicshine, Chinese shit that need charging every 2 days.

on the plus side they don’t need a firmware upgrade 5 weeks after purchase 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

Can you see my fu station

We don’t need to see it to know you’ve got sand up it 🙂

Bregante

BreGante
    can’t you see my frustration or do you think this is normal?

I can see it. I just don’t think it’s justified 🙂

Stuff goes wrong.

It’s how a manufacturer/retailer deals with it when it does that’s important. Exposure have a (deservedly) good reputation IMO.

Northwind

jacob46 – Member

why is it terrible?

The result of great effort I think.

Magicshine, Chinese shit that need charging every 2 days.

What’s that you say? The battery life is almost 50% longer than a Toro on full? Well I never.

traildog
    Free Member

you don’t buy a light to then have to return it weeks later for a firmware update! Or maybe you do?

You mean a fault got through their quality control but was very quickly fixed to customers who bought the product.

It’s not ideal but these things happen and by the sounds of it the problem was fixed with very minimal fuss to you.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

They could have manufactured and shipped the light a day before firmware update was released, then you’d have a day old light that needed a firmware update.
    Or should they just not bring out any new firmware, for fear of pissing people off?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Exsposure Toro Faulty after 5 weeks!!’ is closed to new replies.