Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure Reflex OLED light owners a question……..
  • richpips
    Free Member

I’m considering getting a Toro for Strathpuffer with a view to it being my main light for the 17 hours of darkness.

On the Toro MK6 Reflex mode 3 it says 12 hours on low 24 on high, which would suggest as the course is up and down hills, I’ll get 18 hours out of it.

So when you’re in reflex mode what does the OLED say as to battery life, the 24hr value, the 12, or somewhere inbetween?

Or would I just do better putting it in a mode where I can manually switch between med and low, and eek out the battery life that way?

Ta

Rich

Rubber_Buccaneer

The reflex mode 3 will give you 12 hours from a full charge. That is what the A12 means under ‘high’. You can use the button to switch to low which will give you 24 hours but that isn’t a reflex mode. By switching between the two I guess you would get somewhere in the middle but I don’t know how the reflex mode works in this situation, I think it probably gives you a pro rata time based on the mode and the charge in the battery.

Rubber_Buccaneer

and the OLED always shows time left regardless of the mode you are using (the value changes between modes obviously) so in your situation you would be able to change modes to suit how long until the sun comes up.

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks RB. 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

I asked about the reflex technology a while ago but got no answers….so I bought one anyway 🙂

I have the Maxx-D and it is excellent, I really like the reflex mode as it means I don’t have to fumble with buttons. The Toro would have been plenty for my two to three hour rides but the LBS only had a Maxx-D, what could I do 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Reflex OLED light owners a question……..’ is closed to new replies.