Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure Redeye Micro – anyone got one? (How do you switch the bugger off)
  • CliveA

I've just got hold of one Exposure's Redeye Micro LEDs to stick in the back of my helmet-mounted Joystick.

It's certainly bright and I've worked out how to switch it on from the main light control.

But even when it's off, it seems to be on, with a dim red light glowing.

That can't be right – I don't want to leave an LED glowing when I'm not using the light. Nor do I want to have to unplug this tiny gadget when I switch the light off. I'm bound to lose it if that's the case – it's tiny.

So what have I got wrong?

Frizzer
    Free Member

Mine does the same, I don't think it's possible to turn it off completely though.
    I unattach it when not using it but I wedge it in the lanyard so I don't lose it.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

when it's "off" there is a teeny, tiny current still going through the smart port, which I think is just the control circuit looking to see if there's anything there. It'd last for years at that low low draw, so it's irrelevant. The actual "on" is sooooo much brighter.

I've got one and leave kit plugged in all week for commuting and it's never run flat even though i push my 10hrs pretty close

Frizzer
    Free Member

That's good to know, I'll just leave mine plugged in from now on. 🙂

CliveA

That's handy to know (even if a bit odd).

Thanks both.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Redeye Micro – anyone got one? (How do you switch the bugger off)’ is closed to new replies.