Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exposure Lights Programme Settings
  • stuc
    Free Member

Does anybody know how the various programmes affect lumen output – in particular looking at a six pack Mk 3 and Diablo Mk 4.

For example six pack programme one is 2 hours high, 6 hours medium, 12 hours low. Programme four is 2 hours high and 6 hours medium. Therefore does this mean that the lumen output would be higher for programme four high vs programme one high?

parkesie
    Free Member

2hrs high for both would be the same light output. Or am I missing what your on about?

stuc
    Free Member

Maybe a better comparison would be vs programme 2 which is 3 hours burn high, 10 hours medium, 24 hours low.

So the longer burn time on prg 3 high by my thinking can only be achieved by running at a lower lumen level than 2 hours high of prg 1.

parkesie
    Free Member

Yup or one mode being reflex and one not if the light had that feature.

crazy-legs

Yes, it drops the power output although not by a huge amount. Go to a completely dark lane, set out some cones as markers and then look at high beam on each of the programmes – might help to set up a camera on full manual so each picture is taken at exactly the same exposure/aperture etc.

That’ll give you an idea of how much the output varies on each programme.

FWIW, I run my Diablo Mk7 on Prg 3 most of the time as the ideal middle ground between long enough burn times and high enough power.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Lights Programme Settings’ is closed to new replies.