• This topic has 56 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Exposure lights
  • iainc

Current MaxxD has a very broad coverage

br
    Free Member

Hedgehog /iainc – I think maybe I’d prefer the Diablo having done a bit of research, I just think the 1 hour burn time is a bit of a shame

Add a battery plus the Diablo has the TAP technology so no need to fiddle with buttons.

Two lights, helmet and bars, help create a shadow – otherwise feels 2D not 3D.

iainc

If you’re after a more spotty helmet light than the Joystick, an Axis might be a good solution, with Tap function and a chunk lighter than Diablo.

dms01

You may find it worth checking out

http://four4th.co.uk/

U.K. Made, nice kit.

bonesetter
    Free Member

^ they look solid – have you any experience with them?

dms01

I have a scorch (1400lumen), and their rear light ( which is ridiculously bright

cookeaa

Related question:

Has anyone used the Sirius offroad on the bars in combo with something a bit brighter on the lid? I am sort of considering one ATM…

While it seems to be pitched primarily as a commuter light, I reckon 500 (presumably well aimed) lumens on the bars would do me nicely if used in combo with a Chinese death ray on the lid for the fun bits.

It’s primary use would still be for commuting, ticks a lot of boxes, no trailing wires, good burn times, if it could take over MTB night riding bar duties as well that would sell it to me, it’s about the most I am willing to spend on a light, and I am willing to look beyond headline lumen figures.

dms01

Apologies ….. Decided I needed to wait till dark and refresh my memory with a ride!

For what it’s worth the scorch works well solo mounted on a helmet, but you need to run it at full power 1400 lumens if your off road. Probably not quite powerful enough / not wide enough beam for sole use on the bars. I bought it more to have in the pack, than a devoted ride all night light and it is good for this. If your going to ride on a regular basis at night, best with bar mounted and a separate (narrower beam), helmet light, but if it’s occasional only ….this is fine.

In terms of build etc, it’s good. I have not had any issues, and I am happy with the value for money.

captmorgan
    Free Member

a quick PSA: Rutland Cycling have 20% off most current Exposure lights atm, so I have a couple on the way to me…

bonesetter
    Free Member

The Four4th lights are smaller than the Exposures I see

The company has been running for some years too which is reassuring

trail_rat
    Free Member

four4th furnished the glencroft rabble with their lighting needs – they have a great track record at riding in the dark – although the shirleys could ride in the dark as fast with no lights 😀

smaller headunits they maybe – but too many wires for me and i didnt think they presented as good value when i looekd at them.

Just looked at exposures new offerings – joysticks now 800 lumens – its not far behind my maxx D FFS. – im still using one of the old 280 lumen ones and finding it fine for my needs 😀

bonesetter
    Free Member

The battery is integral on the Exposure lights? So no wires?

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats their USP.

– of course you can add wires for various things through their smart port but the fundimental design criteria was CFD (cable free design) and its the number 1 reason why i chose them over what else was availible.

bonesetter
    Free Member

I like the sound of Exposure’s Reflex technology – adjusts light output depending on speed (and light unit’s temp?), and the indicator on the rear for battery charge

iainc

^^^^ I was sceptical, but my new MaxxD has it and it ‘just works’. Clever kit.

bonesetter
    Free Member

What happens then?

It goes dim when you stop and full bright when hooning?

iainc

Sort of, yes. Slow techy climbs and stopped it powers down to around 1500 lumens at a guess. Fast stuff and techy bouncing around it powers up to 2600. You don’t really notice it changing, but you can set it to last for 2 hrs on highest settings and it does the rest. Big step up from my MK 6 one from 2013.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights’ is closed to new replies.