Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Exposure lights – 2011 six pack vs. 2012 Maxx D – opinions
  • iainc

I am looking for a new Exposure bar light and can get either of these for about the same money (actually the 6 pack is £20 less..)

I did have a brief try of a 6 pack last yr and recall it being kind of bulky and a harsh light, but I didn’t actually ride with it.

Any opinions from 6 packers ? 😆

I am looking at 3 hr burn time, dark twisty xc stuff, and I run a Joystick on the lid.

Thanks

shortcut

The 6 Pack is pretty bulky but very bright – I used one at Mayhem.

Any reason for going to Exposure? I have gone away from these to Four4th and a great number of people in my riding group getting on very well with them. The package you get on the bars is very small indeed and you do get a lot of light from them. Pricing is good too even for the very new and very bright Holy Moses. Batteries are separate from the head unit but included in the pricing together with a charger.

There are lots of people who will start referring to Trout lights on this forum – these again seem to be popular and work very well although I have no personal experience here.

iainc

thanks Shortcut – yes, the bulk of the 6 pack is putting me off and 1800 lumens is not really required !

Why Exposure – good experience with them I guees – I am on my 2nd Joystick – their stuff is smart, work well, sorted.

Not knocking the Trout and Luminous stuff in any way – just not my thing. Will have a look at Four4th too.

cheers

RealMan
    Free Member

If it’s a bit too big, and you don’t need that much light, just get the maxx-d? But if you can get the six pack £20 cheaper, get that too, then sell it on ebay.

shortcut

I don’t think the new Four4th Holy Moses is up on the website yet – so it may be worth lifting the phone.

xcstu
    Free Member

Used to have the original d maxx and loved it.. then the six pack came out and had to buy! Not having it on full power was just as bright if not better than my old d maxx and would run for 10hours which makes a massive difference if you do enduro racing at night etc!!!

IMO six pack all the way.. sure its a bit bigger than d maxx but man it is a bloody good light!

iainc

thanks all. Reckon I will go for the new Maxx d – bright enough and good size.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

maxx daddy all the way to be honest – ive just swapped my 960 lumen one for a newer 1200 with better bulbs inside – its a much clearer crisper clean light spread…

1200 lumens is plenty on its own, but ive also got the 900 lumen diablo for the helmet, to me this is the perfect setup – 2000 lumens in total, but almost half on the head half on the bars….

i love exposure lights – the design of cable free is second to none! cant beat them….

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anyone ever used these guys??
    My Spokes.

Seem cheap?

iainc

jeez, that’s a healthy discount – you may just have saved me £50 !

here’s hoping some positive feedback comes along

iainc

just orderd 2012 Maxx D from MySpokes. £250 and free delivery – should have it in a couple of weeks, which is simliar to other dealers and LBS. cheapest elsewhere was around £285 (wiggle with voucher on top of platinum price) so well chuffed if all works out.. 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

What’s new about the 2012 Maxx D comapred to last year? any increase in burn times or output?

iainc

jon – burn time the same, but now up to 1285 lumens, beam pattern supposed to be improved a bit and a few other treaks

Crell
    Free Member

I had a similar choice – 2011 Maxx or 6 pack, and both heavily discounted (the 6 was £20 more)
    I tried both and went for the 6 in the end. As above I like the flexibility of the long (alleged 10 hr) run time on the mid setting. It’s noticeably bigger than the maxx, but you don’t notice it when it’s on the bars. On full, it’s incredibly bright, but the beam pattern is brilliant.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Exposure lights – 2011 six pack vs. 2012 Maxx D – opinions’ is closed to new replies.