Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Exposure Joystick replacement
  • MRanger156
    Free Member

Read a lot of threads about these cheap light but am totally confused! Whats the best replacement for an Exposure Joystick? Ideally able to re-use the joystick mount.

c_klein87

if you’re going from a nice reliable Joystick to a cheapy chinese light i think you may be disappointed, yes they are very bright but they have much shorter burn times, much wider beam patterns producing less focused beam, the go from very bright to no battery very quickly plus they won’t fit on your mount unless you machine the body. I saved up and bought a Exposure Diablo much less to worry about an a much better light. Saying all that if you don’t race 24hrs etc or night ride very often they’re quite good 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

or a one of the new Lezyne ones – Upgrades says the Xposure helmet mounts fit it apparently:

RealMan
    Free Member

Another joystick maybe? What’s wrong with the old one?

MRanger156
    Free Member

The old one got stolen from our basement (secure) car park at work. Would love another but the cost puts me off.

Mainly used for commuting.

sofatester
    Free Member

The old one got stolen from our basement (secure) car park at work

Does that mean someone at work stole it? Or worse, someone who rides to work?

RealMan
    Free Member

The old one got stolen from our basement (secure) car park at work.

Oxymoron maybe..

You can get second hand joysticks for less then £70, and new ones for ~£120. They do seem to hold their value pretty well.

MRanger156
    Free Member

Either someone from work (doubt it), someone from the company who works on the other floors or more likely a contractor who was working on the building. Shouldn’t have left it on to be honest.

Been looking at second hand but not many about.

RealMan
    Free Member

There have been a few other exposure lights on the for sale section, might be worth checking out.

Del

have a look at this thread…

i’ll refrain from comment on comparison between the joystick and the yezl torch as i see the usual ‘cheap crap from china’ line has been trotted out, except to say that if i considered the joystick was genuinely 3 or 4 times better for 3 or 4 times the price then i would have happily bought one. pays your money and takes your choice.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Ive been using a MTE P7 torch for about 3 years with no issues what so ever.Batteries are cheap so you can afford to carry a spare,so run time is not an issue.

If you want a more focussed beam an XML T6 from DX will do the job very well.

metal_leg
    Free Member

Wiggle were doing joysticks for £108 without mounts.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I got mine from their factory seconds outlet a couple of years back. May be worth alook?

oxym0r0n

No Realman it wasn’t me that stole it, even though I would like one 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Joystick replacement’ is closed to new replies.